The Overwatch Imaging Payload Engineer will design, build and test gimballed multi-camera imaging system components and assemblies in support of automated airborne intelligence payloads. The multidisciplinary Engineer will build customized stabilization system and motion control elements, electromagnetic and environmental compatibility solutions, and aircraft integration structures to bring new aerial imaging systems from customer order to operation.
The ideal candidate will be strong in many of the following areas:
- Gimballed Camera Subsystem Design: Engineers motion control and signal routing mechanical and electronics solutions in size/weight/power/cost-controlled systems.
- Imaging Payload Developmental Test: Assembles prototype units, investigates the robustness of new innovations, develops product testing tools and procedures.
- Electromagnetic and Environmental Compatibility Engineering: Designs and implements solutions for imaging and data management in EMI/EMC, vibration, thermal, and weather conditions. Page 2
- Thermal and Structural Analysis: Analyzes operating conditions and material properties to determine appropriate design requirements for various expected altitudes and speeds of flight. Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The ideal candidate will meet many of these requirements:
- Experience and Education: Formal education in mechanical or aerospace engineering, robotics, optics, or related fields.
- Experience in aerospace and defense, particularly with mid-sized unmanned aircraft and/or airborne imaging systems.
- Experience with electro-optical remote sensing systems, systems engineering, communications protocols, and rapid prototyping.
- 7+ years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree, or o 5+ years of experience with a Master’s degree, or o 2+ years with a Ph.D degree.
- Technical Competence: Electromechanical design for gimballed optical systems o Visible and infrared camera stabilization and data routing
- SolidWorks CAD software o Prototype and LRIP product realization and testing •
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced small startup business environment
- Highly motivated self-starter able to work independently and with a team
- Enjoys hands-on work and learning new skills
- Eager to learn and solve real-world problems and accept new challenges
- Takes pride in seeing new products reach operational use quickly Location:
This position is based in Hood River, Oregon, and requires occasional business travel. All applicants must be authorized to work on a permanent basis in the United States.