The Overwatch Airborne Imaging Specialist will operate Overwatch imaging systems and generate maps and other derived information products for customers in critical civil, industrial, and specialty applications, while providing feedback to drive continuous product improvement.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Payload Operations: Works directly with customers at operating sites as an imaging system expert, collecting airborne imagery with Overwatch payloads, supporting mission planning to optimize data value, and creating derived information products (maps, annotated images, reports, etc) for end-users.
- GIS Map and Photogrammetry Product Generation: Creates deliverable outputs from Overwatch payload raw and auto-processed data, including fire maps and large area orthomosaics. Generates templates and work instructions for the related software.
- Payload Technical Documentation and Training: Develops and maintains user manuals, quick reference cards and training materials, and trains payload users how to effectively collect and process high-quality data.
- Product Evaluation and Continuous Improvement: Tests new payloads and associated software, collects sample data, conducts demonstrations, and organizes product feedback and improvement opportunities.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Experience and Education:
- Experience in deployed operational settings (military, wildland firefighting, or similar) and/or providing product training to operators.
- Training and hands-on professional experience with GIS software tools and map creation, especially in compliance with US fire mapping standards (ex: https://www.nwcg.gov/sites/default/files/publications/pms936.pdf)
- Experience with airborne imaging systems and ISR applications and tools.
- Experience with defect reporting and tracking tools a plus.
- 2+ years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, or 4+ years of experience in a relevant operational setting.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with fluency in MS Office.
- ESRI ArcGIS, Global Mapper or similar GIS software.
- Aviation systems and remote sensing.
- Photography and video imagery collection.
- Comfortable and confident working alongside customers at remote locations.
- Highly motivated tech-savvy self-starter able to work independently.
- Extraordinarily professional and calm under pressure.
- Collaborates well in a small team environment.
- Enjoys hands-on work and learning new skills.