Overpass LLC Newark, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We’re seeking a talented, passionate designer to join our team and help design our communications platform. The position will require you to help lead the creative direction here at Overpass. We're looking for someone with strong user interface, usability and visual design skills to create scalable concepts and experiences. Your role will be to define and design compelling and intuitive user experiences and produce clean, user efficient, and inspiring interfaces. You will work collaboratively with web developers, product managers and end users - leading design throughout the planning and development lifecycle for a multitude of unique and different interfaces.
Skills We’re Looking For
- 4+ years experience as a user experience designer, user interface designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role
- Icon design, Infographic design, Mobile App design
- Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides
- Expert understanding of user-centered design methods and best practices
- Experience designing enterprise dashboards and reports for large data sets is a strong plus
- Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, user interviews, contextual inquiry) is a strong plus
- Knowledge of psychology behind information visualization
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively
- Ability to scope design initiatives accurately and prioritize work items appropriately
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Ability to turn around rigorous wireframes and mockups in an iterative, agile environment
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools (e.g. Adobe CC tools, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch etc)
- Familiar with rapid prototyping tools (e.g. InVision, Azure, Proto.io etc)
- Experience designing social products
- Ability to create illustrations and visual images to communicate complex systems
- Experience with pattern libraries
- Video, sound editing, and interactive content development experience
In order to be considered for this position, pleases submit a portfolio or 2-3 work samples demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions.
Perks and considerations:
We care for our employees like we care for our consumers: we want both to be satisfied and excited to grow with us. Here are some considerations and a list of perks you’ll want to keep in mind:
- Our culture and environment promotes personal and professional growth
- We value and promote teamwork and collaboration
- We'll provide you with awesome hardware
- Sit/Stand Desks
- Our kitchen is stocked with lots of snacks and food
- Our workspace is designed for comfort and convenience
- We have a lounge area to rest your head or kick back when you need it
- Casual & relaxed work environment
- We offer a competitive salary
- Flexible PTO days
Overpass is an innovative SAAS based platform for companies to easily hire remote customer engagement talent and access web based communication tools for their customer needs. We are reshaping what is possible in terms of enabling organizations to create and supervise customer outreach campaigns. Our offices are located in Newark, NJ, Brooklyn, NY & Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
Our Team & Culture
We don’t just preach about having the right people and technology—we practice it too! The Overpass dream team is made up of highly skilled thinkers, developers, designers and doers, all dedicated to enhancing the experience of companies and workers and helping them achieve success through web-based communications.
We value our workers as much as our clients and strive for work-life balance, career growth, and being at the forefront of technology, design, and business. Each team member is unique and brings their own contributions to the table. We seek independent, talented, and organized thinkers who can execute towards our collaborative vision.
At Overpass, you'll be part of an amazing development and design team, that’s focused on building a quality product. If you want to be challenged, work on the latest technologies, and have a great time doing it, this is the place for you. We offer a fun, casual, and collaborative environment that encourages personal and professional growth
Job Type: Full-time
Overpass LLCWhy Work Here?
Grow professionally and personally in an awesome team environment.
Our vision at Overpass is to create a holistic solution for sales leaders to find the talent, tools, and transparency needed to effectively work together from anywhere in the world. Our platform is one part talent marketplace, one part sales tools, and one part analytics. By bringing everything together in one place, we offer businesses a flexible sales team at scale while providing consistent, ongoing opportunities for sales professionals who desire to live remotely.
40 Commerce StreetNewark, NJ