Talent Acquisition and Retention
Identify and diagnose talent and organizational issues, and partner with business leaders to implement solutions.
Develop new recruiting sources and retention programs.
Training, Development and Succession Planning
Partner with executive leaders to ensure a solid succession plan is in place for all critical roles.
Develop and lead training across multiple levels and topics – from production efficiencies to executive development.
Lead culture and develop action plans to ensure a positive, engaging, and productive workplace.
Engage in the new employee orientation process to ensure that employees are welcomed into the company and understand the company policies, benefits, employment standards and culture.
Manage full range of the collective bargaining process – from pre-negotiation strategy to new CBA implementation.
Ensure the letter and spirit of the CBA are implemented including grievance resolution, mediations and arbitrations.
Compensation and HR Administration
Coordinate workers’ compensation program, including management of claims and proactive prevention of work-related incidents.
Design, implement, and maintain compensation program to ensure external competitiveness and internal equity.
Implement, integrate, maintain and utilize various HR systems such as HRIS/Payroll and employee service, applicant tracking systems, learning management tracking, performance management.
Develop department goals, objectives, and systems.
- A minimum of 10 years of prior Human Resources Generalist and Leadership experience
- Manufacturing environment experience, in the food industry, is preferred.
- Demonstrated strong working knowledge of California Employment Law, governmental guidelines, regulatory agencies and collective bargaining agreements.
- Experience supporting unionized client groups
- Experience with the administration and oversight of benefits, payroll, worker’s comp planning, insurance agreements, and labor relations.
- Bi-Lingual English/Spanish is preferred.
- Knowledge of payroll systems – particularly UltiPro and Kronos are preferred.
Skills & Capabilities:
- Comfortable working in a manufacturing plant and corporate environment.
- Ability to prioritize and execute in a fast-paced culture.
- In-depth understanding of the core aspects of Human Resource Management (staffing; employee relations; labor relations, performance management; leadership development; training; compensation)
- Ability to think strategically and translate concepts into actionable items
- Previous talent management and succession planning experience
- Proven ability to develop solutions and influence decision making
- Must possess executive presence to include very strong communication skills
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment and a matrix organization
- Must possess consultative style and approach with proven ability to develop credible relationships with business partners
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong MS Office Skills particularly Excel.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; major in Industrial/Labor Relations, Human Resources Management, psychology, or other related degrees preferred.