Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and update Quality Control Procedures pertaining to receiving or raw materials and holding of any material or product
- Complete documentation for exports to other countries
- Create specifications for new raw materials and update any existing specification
- Evaluate raw materials and finished products for disposition of each hold
- Complete PEP and all supporting documentation for disposition of any product that does not meet our standard of quality
- Understanding of the current manufacturing processes
- Must have the ability to express ideas clearly both verbally and in writing to create necessary reports and documents
- Be able to use both the SAP and HighJump systems or be able to be trained
- Know how to use Excel Software
- Be able to stand in front of an audience and make a formal presentation using both audio-visual and multi-media tools to support the goals of the presentation
- Notify Safety Director when any safety issues are found
- Tag off any area that is unsafe until the problem can be corrected
- Shutdown any area in which a food safety issue is found
- Have any raw material or finished product that has a safety issue held until a decision can be reached by Management as to disposition
- Knowledge of current processes
- Raw materials that do not meet all of our receiving requirements are sometimes received and held while we wait for the Vendor to reply. If a production line needs this product and the reason the product was held is not critical, the product may be evaluated for possible release.
- Evaluate finished products and raw materials that have been held and decide if the product is acceptable for release or needs to be held for further corrective action.
- If a supplier does not submit all the information needed to create a specification, I have Purchasing contact the Vendor.
- If a held product cannot be reworked to meet our criteria for quality product, decide the disposition of the product (discount, donate, company store or dump).
- An incoming raw material that does not meet our specification and is rejected can be sent back Raw materials that are held or rejected can impact both production and shipping because cases of product needed for shipments will not be produced.
- If raw materials or products that do not meet our specifications are used or shipped out to customers this can cause consumer complaints which could affect the All documentation created for any export product is reviewed and signed by VP of Quality Assurance.
- Associate Degree in Business Management or food related education and/or experience
- Proficient in the use of Excel spreadsheets
- Demonstrated aptitude and ability to work efficiently and effectively with SAP and HighJump systems
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills generally acquired through 2-5 years of experience in working with Quality Assurance and Production
Bellisio Foods provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, disability, or any other class protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.