Engineer, Test & Evaluation
- Over a month ago
- $90,000 to $125,000 Yearly
At Overair, we are dedicated to bringing next generation sustainable air transportation to everyone. Our answer is Butterfly, an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) aircraft designed to carry passengers safely and affordably over traffic and congestion. Butterfly leverages over two decades of VTOL aircraft development, patented VTOL technology, and flight vehicle experience.
Overair believes in the lofty goals of sustainable air mobility and we are committed to solving the hard challenges along the way. We are building an industry leading team covering an expanse of skills, talents, and expertise to build a superior electric VTOL aircraft. If you enjoy solving difficult problems, and seeing your ideas and visions expressed in flying aircraft, we want you on our team.
Overair is looking for an engineer to join the Test and Evaluation group. This is a hands on engineering role with the candidate conducting tests on various aircraft hardware and systems. Qualified candidates will also be responsible to manage and create various test software interfaces using LabView and other data acquisition tools. As a member of Test and Evaluation, you will work closely with the cognizant design engineers and analysts to validate and verify hardware and system performance.
This role requires the candidate to thrive in a high paced environment and be comfortable with the design, development, and test life cycle of rapid aerospace R&D. To be successful in this role, you should be capable of completing collaborative projects with minimal oversight. This role will include interfacing with Electrical, Mechanical, and software engineering, and fellow engineers and analysts, so strong communication and inter-personal skills are required.
Full time, On site, Mid-Senior level
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Using National Instruments LabView and related tools to create GUIs, LabView VIs and any other necessary tools to enable real time data visualization and automated data pipelines.
- Analyze data collected during tests to provide quantifiable feedback to engineering teams.
- Help improve and maintain the functionality of the instrumentation systems.
- Create test setups to substantiate aircraft hardware for flightworthiness (engineering, qualification, and acceptance testing) by working closely with the mechanical, electrical, propulsion, and software teams.
- Develop formal test procedures, instrumentation guidelines, test software documentation, and any other processes and procedures to allow for repeatable testing of artifacts.
- Perform structural, environmental, and functional testing on various aircraft hardware to validate the design and manufacturing against established specifications.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent real-world experience
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with data acquisition hardware and sensors such as foil strain gauges, accelerometers, load cells, thermocouple, encoders, etc.
- Fluent using LabVIEW for data collection, real time data analytics, and developing GUIs.
- Experience using Diadem, and MATLAB or Python
- Experience with digital signal processing and wireless data transmission
- Experience with CAD software (Solidworks, CATIA, etc) for mechanical design and drawing creation
- Familiarity with data management, revision and version control: Bitbucket/Git
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Hands-on attitude with strong analytical background
- M.S. in relevant discipline
- Experience with sensor installations and cable management
- Experience with National Instruments hardware, specifically cDAQ and c series modules.
- Experience with high voltage electronics.
- Experience testing composite structures and mechanical systems.
- Familiarity with problem reporting and task tracking systems (e.g. JIRA)
- Aerospace and rapid prototyping experience
- Part 107 qualified and/or current Private Pilot Airplane or Rotorcraft or higher license
Summary of Benefits:
- Medical – Company provides no cost Medical coverage for employee and all dependents.
- Dental & Vision – Company pays for 80% of Dental and Vision coverage for employee and 50% for each dependent.
- Flexible Spending Account – Up to $1,000 company match
- 401(k) plan – Employee eligible on first day of work, 6% Company-match, no vesting period.
- 12 weeks of supplemental Paid Family Leave
- Company-paid Life Insurance plan.
- Stock Options: starts to vest after 1 year of employment
- Paid Time Off:
- Vacation: 4 weeks/year
- Holiday: 10 days/year
- Sick Time: 48 hours/year
- Volunteer time: 8 hours/per quarter
Overair expects to pay: $90,000-$125,000 per year. Your level and the compensation package offered will be determined by location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
AddressSanta Ana, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Overair, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?