Marketing Manager - Education
- Posted: over a month ago
The OverDrive Education Marketing Manager’s responsibilities include leading the marketing strategy and execution in support of the business objectives to promote academic success for K-12 students using OverDrive products, services, and content. The successful Manager will deeply understand the challenges and opportunities in school districts for books and digital content to impact outcomes in support of curriculum (assigned reading) and to support other tactical goals. The Marketing Manager will develop creative, innovative, and actionable marketing and media campaigns to accomplish business unit objectives including content sales, brand awareness, product interest and engagement (lead generation), app installation or trial, and customer satisfaction. The person in this position will lead the OverDrive Education marketing team and work cross-functionally to conceive and operationalize campaigns supporting the business unit.
- Collaborate with Education business unit leadership to deeply understand target audiences, revenue goals and KPIs. Help define revenue, customer retention, and market share goals. Devise and iterate on the customer journey for the business unit. Develop strategies and plans to reach and engage markets through campaigns and initiatives.
- Develop deep understanding of the business unit through primary and / or secondary research and apply ongoing market insights to improve strategies, plans and messages.
- Design the marketing and demand generation strategy that achieves the business unit’s lead generation, opportunity pipeline, onboarding, and utilization goals.
- Serve as project manager for all initiatives or campaigns in specific market. Establish and maintain relationships and good communication in coordination with key internal department members to carry out and ensure maximization of marketing campaign goals, timelines and budgets.
- Research and understand the competitive landscape and collaborate with the Product team to understand the product roadmap, partner-impacting releases, and determine appropriate messaging channels, message, and delivery.
- Collaborate with the Publisher Account Services team to ensure content promotion opportunities are woven through the business unit marketing plans, and to understand and support revenue goals of the suppliers that serve the business unit.
- Collaborate with Sales leadership to determine the sales enablement tools and resources sales teams need in support of product releases, content promotions, and other marketing campaigns.
- Develop a strategy and vision with corresponding budget and resource plan that supports business priorities and leads to growth. Own the business unit’s marketing budget and ensure that all campaigns are executed within the established budget and maintain production schedules.
- Align with marketing and sales teams to establish marketing qualified lead (MQL) criteria, volume estimates, service level agreements (SLA), and sales acceptance criteria.
- Establish lead scoring & grading criteria in partnership with marketing and sales stakeholders.
- Measure results and evaluate the effectiveness of all responsible campaigns and initiatives, and use that information to drive better, more effective campaigns.
- Manage the business unit Marketing team – typically a content marketer and a coordinator - to develop and execute a marketing channel strategy and generate creative, compelling, and innovative marketing campaigns and drive flawless execution against KPIs and performance forecasts. Set team goals, hire, coach, and mentor team members.
- 7+ years of experience in Marketing, preferably in a business-unit-aligned role.
- Experience driving omnichannel inbound and outbound marketing strategies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including copy writing; strong listening skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Self-directed, tactful and diplomatic with a clear, courteous and professional manner.
- Possess deep knowledge of marketing platforms for analytics and automation, such as Salesforce, Google Analytics, Adobe Web Analytics, HubSpot, or other similar software.
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to identify business recommendations, pain points and opportunities.
- Able to design and leverage marketing analytics that demonstrate ROI, revenue attribution, and campaign optimization opportunities.
- Strong leader, with the ability to mentor and coach a team, and the ability to influence cross-functional team members and senior leaders.
- Creative, innovative, and an outside-the-box thinker.
As you’ve probably guessed, OverDrive is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us—we want you to be like you! So, if you're interested in joining the OverDrive team, apply below and tell us what inspires you about OverDrive and why you think you are perfect for our team.
OverDrive values diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BusinessView all jobs at OverDrive