Systems Administrator II (Cisco UCS, vSphere & SAN Technologies)
OverDrive, Inc. Cleveland, OH
- Expired: September 28, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Systems Administrator II's responsibilities include effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, servers and related infrastructure. This position participates in technical research, evaluation, and documentation to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, and related procedures adhere to IT Standards as set within the team.
- Coordinate with vendor and other support teams to install and replace all field serviceable components for failed production hardware.
- Govern production readiness process to ensure that all server installations are properly monitored, backed up and covered by proper support documentation.
- Provide 24 / 7 support coverage for all in-scope servers during rotating primary / secondary on-call schedules.
- Create and maintain documentation for servers and other technology solutions within the environment in accordance with Governance and Compliance policies.
- Participate in off-hours maintenance activities to support OverDrives server environments.
- Follow change control policies and procedures and supports the practice of continuous improvement.
- Assist in maintaining enterprise services, such as Active Directory.
- Ability to work in an interrupt-based work environment with changing deadlines, conflicting priorities and users of all levels of technical skill.
- Establish organizational standards around systems infrastructure.
- Establish and monitor infrastructure systems SLAs for quality and experience.
- Propose and implement system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
- Mentor / train junior team members.
- Strives to improve the overall efficiency and productivity of the IT processes.
- Educates other team members on learned best practices.
- Provide tier III support for help desk.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5 - 7 years of experience with network / systems operations and support of relevant hardware and software.
- Solid knowledge of industry standard practices and technical best practices.
- Experience working with both Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Extensive knowledge of server administration including, but not limited to, x86 server hardware, Change Control, IIS, Apache, vSphere 6.7, 7.0, Cisco UCS, FIber Channel/MDS Switch configuration, SAN Technologies and Active Directory.
As youve probably guessed, OverDrive is a place that values individuality and variety. We dont want you to be like everyone else, we dont even want you to be like uswe want you to be like you! So, if you're interested in joining the OverDrive team,apply belowand tell us what inspires you about OverDrive and why you think you are perfect for our team.
OverDrive values diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
TechnologyView all jobs at OverDrive, Inc.