Account Manager (K-12)
- Posted: over a month ago
The Account Manager's responsibilities include building and nurturing strong relationships with OverDrive Education's K - 12 school partners by helping them develop their digital collection, while also maximizing OverDrive's content sales and market share. This position represents the primary relationship with our school partners in the ongoing support and management of their OverDrive service.
- Be knowledgeable on all relevant OverDrive products, services, and features.
- Serve as the primary contact for school partners for questions, concerns, and requests-and delegate as appropriate.
- Drive revenue growth in assigned territory based on set targets.
- Form and nurture relationships with Superintendents, Curriculum Directors, Technology Directors and other school administrators.
- Use knowledge of school curriculum standards and overall knowledge of public and private school systems to offer personalized digital solutions to K - 12 school partners.
- Demonstrate a strong focus on customer retention, including being proactive in managing the contract renewal process.
- Provide consultative selling, with support from Content Specialists and Product Specialists, to maximize the value proposition to the partner.
- Work collaboratively with Content Specialists and Product Specialists to ensure the best service is provided to each partner.
- Forecast and manage budget for accounts on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
- Assist schools with identifying and reallocating new budget sources to increase spending on digital content.
- Regularly travel to key school accounts to present Partner Analysis Reviews (PAR) and updates for the purpose of reinforcing the OverDrive value proposition and advocating for more budget.
- Participate in weekly meetings with management to present progress toward goals and collaborate on sales strategies.
- Proactively follow up and nurture leads and opportunities.
- Meet or exceed revenue quota goals on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
- Drive demand in assigned territory through focused telephone campaigns, workshops, webinars, mass emails, and other innovative demand generation activities.
- Identify and record new content sales opportunities in the areas of curriculum, professional development and school library, while developing and maintaining an understanding of assigned territory.
- Address each customer inquiry by providing proper information and solutions based on the partner's needs and interests.
- Maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction with accounts in assigned territory.
- Occasionally attend tradeshows and industry events in assigned territories.
- Maintain data of partner information into Salesforce.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field, or equivalent experience.
- 1 - 3 years of consultative sales experience.
- 1 - 3 years of teaching, school curriculum or school administration experience or have applicable experience selling to K - 12 schools
- Confident, proactive, and energetic; professional and team-oriented sales approach.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage cross group relationships within OverDrive (ie, business development, marketing, product management, and development, etc.).
- Team player.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Must acquire and maintain knowledge of OverDrive's products and strategies, competitors and software/mobile devices.
- Outstanding Microsoft Office skills.
As you’ve probably guessed, OverDrive is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us—we want you to be like you! So, if you're interested in joining the OverDrive team, apply below and tell us what inspires you about OverDrive and why you think you are perfect for our team.
OverDrive values diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BusinessView all jobs at OverDrive, Inc.