Embryologists - Nashville or Austin (Relocation Available)
Ovation Fertility Baltimore, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We have openings for all levels of experience in Nashville, TN or Austin, TX (Relocation Assistance Available).
**Interested in continuing education? We offer an excellent education assistance/tuition reimbursement program.
OVERVIEW: As a member of the Ovation Fertility in-vitro fertilization laboratory team, the incumbent's primary focus is to participate in the daily operation of the human IVF and andrology laboratories. this position includes 'hands-on' involvement in clinical IVF laboratory work as directed by the Laboratory Director. This position requires a focus on patient service, maintenance of the highest technical standards and provision of the services and resources necessary to support Ovation Fertility. Undertake embryology laboratory procedures as directed.
• Attention to detail with an awareness and understanding of the sensitive and confidential nature of ART (Assisted Reproductive Technology) treatment
• Complete competency in latest technologies including, but not limited to: trophetoderm biopsy, oocyte vitrification, and complex micromanipulation skills
• Demonstrate advanced knowledge of reproductive biology including the male and female reproductive system
• Demonstrate excellent clinical skills and be able to lead and work in a team environment
• Must be comfortable with the physical handling of oocytes, embryos and semen including hazardous specimens
• Management of aseptic techniques
• Must be competent in the correct assessment and grading of oocyte, embryo and sperm morphology
• Ability to teach and perform all micromanipulation techniques with knowledge of troubleshooting when applicable
• Perform clerical tasks diligently and follow established protocols and laboratory guidelines
• Meticulous data entry into computer databases and software programs
• Ability to maintain detailed and accurate patient logs and laboratory reports
• Communicate detailed information to patients, staff and regulatory bodies
• Desire to develop and coordinate clinical research projects
• Ability to work independently and also as part of a multidisciplinary team. Must have good command of the English language. Must be punctual and maintain an excellent attendance record. Ability to maintain professional attitude at all times. Incumbent must consistently adhere to departmental standards for professional office environment. Incumbent will participate in ongoing continuing education, and will attend one national meeting per year, relevant to human embryology/andrology, as determined by the Director
• Ability to perform analyses that require a complex network of steps and variables. Initiative, creative ability, honesty and good judgment are essential in exercising decision pertaining to these responsibilities
• Must maintain quality control records, and document all cases received by the laboratory
• Work weekends, holidays and extended hours as needed
• Performs other duties as assigned, fills in for other staff members as necessary
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS & TECHNICAL PROFICIENCY
• Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a biological science 5 years of experience in a laboratory setting.
• Preferred Certification: American Board of Bioanalyst (ABB):TS
• Demonstrated proficiency in all routine embryology and andrology laboratory procedures including micromanipulation and biopsy of gametes and embryos.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and patients.
• Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, database and email applications.
Keywords: laboratory, embryologist, embryology, IVF, medical technologist, lab, animal science, fertility, trophetoderm biopsy, oocyte vitrification
Ovation is a result of an unprecedented collaboration among more than 70 of the brightest minds in reproductive medicine who share a strong common bond, having dedicated their lives to resolving infertility-related challenges. We have worked side-by-side for decades to establish U.S. industry standards and contribute to worldwide fertility research. It was only natural to forge a meaningful partnership among our peers to build one of the country’s most effective integrated healthcare delivery platforms specializing in infertility.
Ovation FertilityWhy Work Here?
Tons of opportunities for growth, education, research experience and training by the best in the industry.
Ovation® Fertility is a national network of IVF labs, genetics labs and partner physician practices committed to applying leading-edge treatment through the hands and minds of the world’s foremost experts. Ovation is a result of an unprecedented collaboration among more than 70 of the brightest minds in reproductive medicine who share a strong common bond, having dedicated their lives to resolving infertility-related challenges. We have worked side-by-side for decades to establish U.S. industry standards and contribute to worldwide fertility research. It was only natural to forge a meaningful partnership among our peers to build one of the country’s most effective integrated healthcare delivery platforms specializing in infertility.
345 23rd Ave NorthBaltimore, MD
HealthcareView all jobs at Ovation Fertility