Ouverture Consulting is seeking network specialists to fill senior and journeyman positions on an already in place contract related to Vandenberg Air Force Base (VAFB). This position would sit in the prime company’s facility located in Santa Maria, CA and may eventually support at VAFB.
As a member of the network engineering team, the candidate would be looked to for assistance with designing network solutions and making recommendations to meet requirements, while troubleshooting network issues. This includes following management direction, working as a team, following proper change control, checkout, test preparation and test execution. All equipment will require STIG compliant configurations, so experience with DoD STIGs, configurations and patching is a plus. In addition to this role, this program also needs assistance in Cybersecurity and System Administration. Flexibility to support, and experience in these other areas, will be given strong consideration.
Responsibilities will include:
· Analyze, design, configure, deploy, test, maintain and administer networks and related computing environments, including computer and network hardware, network services, systems software, applications software, and all configurations
· Support Deployment Team to configure facilities for developmental testing
· Support Cybersecurity team to ensure network is hardened to meet security needs
· Support Software Development Team to ensure code specifications meet project needs
· Support Program Manager in estimating, reporting, and planning network engineering tasks
· Participate in Risk Management Boards to identify network design risks
· Participate in weekly meetings, daily if needed and maintain, positive, motivated and helpful attitude
· Adhere to established policies and procedures pertaining to job site safety, security, and time-keeping
· Active Secret Clearance
· Security+ certification
· OS Certification related to Networking such as Network+ or CCNA
· Bachelor’s degree in related technical field or equivalent work experience
· Minimum of two years of experience in network specialist position
· Experience in network design, implementation, performance analysis, and testing
· Demonstrated ability to quickly establish proficiency on new IT products/product lines
· Experience following and providing updates to master project schedule
· US Citizenship
· CISSP, CCNP or Linux+
· Experience on a DoD system development program
· Experience with common circuit/signal testers like Firebird, Network Test Equipment, Oscilloscopes, etc.
· Experience with relevant industry software products like MS Server, MS Office, MS Project, MS SharePoint, Linux, etc.
· Experience running Security tools such as SCC/SCAP, DISA STIG Viewer, and ACAS