Senior Data Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
The Senior Data Engineer will work as part of a Scrum team to deliver high quality software solutions using technologies that span .NET, AWS, and modern data environments. The position will require cutting-edge technical skills, a desire to participate actively in an Agile learning environment, and a commitment to personal performance.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and enhance high quality, performant, maintainable software solutions that meet commercial business requirements and conform to high technical standards, delighting both external and internal customers.
- Produce database designs (logical and physical) of both warehouse and transactional systems.
- Implement DB designs in heterogenous data environments, including Microsoft SQL Server, Snowflake, MySQL, AWS technologies, and other database products, with extensive use of SQL programming (stored procedures, functions, query optimization).
- Design and implement data integration packages, including the ability to develop ETL processes to synchronize data across transactional and data warehouse repositories.
- Design and implement services exposing data and related business functions to internal and external applications, using .NET (C#) and AWS (lambdas, S3, SNS, SQS, etc.) technologies.
- Design and implement integrations with Machine Learning / Data Modeling systems, including DataRobot.
- Produce unit tests to ensure quality expectations are met or exceeded.
- Participate in quality-focused activities including but not limited to code reviews, design reviews, paired programming and TDD implementations.
- Collaborate with Agile stakeholders in a Scrum environment to ensure constant feedback drives excellence in delivery of solutions.
- Participate in spikes to prototype, research feasibility of solutions, and produce assessments of competing implementation approaches.
- Document code and deployment characteristics.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve problems in the software.
- Apply superior analytical, problem identification and resolution skills.
- Participate in mentoring less experienced resources.
- Espouse and demonstrate the values of Outsell in everyday interactions both inside and outside of the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Information Systems or related discipline desired.
- Minimum of 12 years of software development experience including a minimum of 8 years of experience with SQL and .NET (C#) technologies.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with database design across a heterogenous environment (Data Warehouse and OLTP).
- Experience with ETL processing using either a common toolset (ex: SSIS, Talend Open Studio, Pentaho Data Integration, JasperETL) or hand-developed solutions.
- Familiarity with modern Artificial Intelligence implementations.
- Self-starter who requires minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Desire to be a team player and leader that contributes to the team’s success and company’s growth.
- Experience working with SCRUM agile framework.
- Some combination of the following is preferred:
- Experience working in an Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment.
- Experience working with large sets of data using columnar database solutions like Snowflake, AWS RedShift or a similar solution.
- Experience working with Machine Learning solutions like DataRobot, H20.ai, or a similar solution.
Outsell offers the first AI-driven marketing automation platform that empowers automotive dealerships and OEMs to create lasting customer relationships driving incremental sales and profits. Our proprietary technology harnesses massive amounts of data creating accurate and powerful consumer profiles that engage your customers and prospects exactly where they are in their individual lifecycles. That’s why Outsell is the trusted platform for over fifteen hundred dealers representing all major automotive brands. To learn more, visit www.Outsell.com or follow us at @Outsell.
Values Based - People Focused
Outsell was founded based on a core set of seven values: Customer, Quality, Caring, Teamwork, Innovation, Initiative, and Integrity. We recruit, develop, and recognize all our associates based on these values. We believe that our people truly are our most important assets.
Benefits include highly comprehensive health and dental care packages for associates and their families, a 401K plan with a company match, bonuses for performance, a stock program covering every Outsell associate, unlimited PTO, and flexible work schedules. Outsell also invests in training programs for associates to continually build on organizational and leadership skills.
For more information on Outsell, go to: www.outsell.com
TechnologyView all jobs at Outsell Corporation