Lead Audio Software Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Love music? Come sit with us. At our core, we help creative people make better music with cutting edge technology.
Output is one of the most influential and fastest-growing music-making software companies in the world used by the likes of Drake, Bjork, Rihanna, and Coldplay, to name a few. Our focus is to inspire a new generation of music makers with a platform that brings the power of a studio to anyone, wherever they are. With groundbreaking products providing new sources of inspiration and sound; here at Output, we are on an endless journey to revolutionize the way creators make music.
We are seeking a Lead Audio Software Engineer, who will take a key role in leading the development of Output's music creation and audio processing software. They will be the technical leader of a software product team, working with the CTO and project lead to architect and build client-facing software. They will also be responsible for technical management of software developers on the team, consulting with management on best practices and strategy, and participating in mentorship and code reviews. This role will require both hands on C++ audio development work and technical leadership and planning for a software product team.
Since raising a $45 million Series A investment, the Output team is growing, and we're looking for an inspired C++ developer to join our team and help us to bring new and exciting product experiences to life. We're passionate about helping people of any skill level to get inspired and do their best creative work, and you'll play a key role in developing software that directly supports that creative process. You'll work with a cross-disciplinary team to shape and build new features and products that will bring new workflows and sonics to our customers. A successful candidate will be a team-player, technically savvy, excited to try new things, self-motivated, open to change, detail-orientated, and energized to build, test, and iterate as we chart the course for the future of Output's products.
How you'll add value:
- Design, develop, and deploy client audio applications with a focus on software quality, performance, and reliability
- Collaborate closely with other engineers, product designers, and sound designers, becoming a core member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- Take responsibility for the codebase owned by your team
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth
What you'll need to be successful in this role:
- 4+ years experience with C++ programming and audio/DSP development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred, or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience as a technical lead or manager
- Ability to quickly familiarize yourself with new technologies and software stacks
- Experience designing and deploying client-facing audio/music software products
- Dedication to industry-standard development process and long-term codebase quality
- Experience with JUCE framework a plus, but not a requirement
- Mobile audio software development a plus
Output has made a name for itself as one of the fastest growing, creative, and influential music-making software companies in the world. The likes of Kendrick Lamar, Bjork, Rihanna, James Blake, Imagine Dragons, Justin Timberlake, Nine Inch Nails and many more use our software to write music as well as hit shows and films like Stranger Things, Game of Thrones, and Black Panther.
We are a strong group of like-minded music makers and music lovers sharing the common goal of helping music makers around the world be creative. We're bonded by music. We're motivated by challenging and fulfilling work. And we always do it while having fun.
We are currently working remotely and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to our office in Los Angeles. We have successfully launched new products, achieved record sales, and continue to thrive as a team working from home. This has opened us up to hiring permanent remote positions around the country. Our culture has always valued our employee's work-life balance and we offer 5 weeks of PTO, excellent health care, and a community of music enthusiasts- with access to our music studios (once it is safe to return).
AddressLos Angeles, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Output