C++ Developer, Core Tech
Output Los Angeles, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Love music? Come sit with us. At our core, we help creative people make better music with cutting edge technology.
Output is one of the most influential and fastest-growing music-making software companies in the world used by the likes of Drake, Bjork, Rihanna, and Coldplay, to name a few. Our focus is to inspire a new generation of music makers with a platform that brings the power of a studio to anyone, wherever they are. With groundbreaking products providing new sources of inspiration and sound; here at Output, we are on an endless journey to revolutionize the way creators make music.
Since raising a $45 million Series A investment, the Output team is growing, and we're looking for a C++ Developer for our Core Technology team to help maintain the technical foundation of Output's flagship product, Arcade. Embedded in a team passionate about getting people started with making music, you'll play a key role in developing software that directly supports the creative process. Focusing on high impact systems for continuous integration/continuous delivery, automated testing, error reporting and logging, analytics, and C++/Web integration, your work will be instrumental for ensuring the long term success of Output's flagship software.
How you'll add value:
- Develop tooling and components for ensuring the reliability and quality of Output software.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient and reliable C++ software components.
- Maintain and continue to develop a next-generation hybrid C++/Web audio plugin stack.
- Help integrate industry standard testing tools into a mature C++ codebase.
- Bring industry standard practices to the team and be an advocate for modular, maintainable code.
- Work closely across the engineering organization to understand technical requirements and standard practices.
What you'll need to be successful in this role:
- 3+ years professional experience shipping production C++ software.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred.
- Previous experience building Mac and Windows desktop applications in C++.
- Experience with build systems, automated testing systems, and continuous integration tools such as make, cmake, catch2, cppunit, GoogleTest, Jenkins, and/or Circle.
- Proficiency with version control tools.
- Experience with JUCE and/or DAW plugin development a plus.
- Dedication to industry-standard development process and long-term codebase quality.
- Passion for democratizing music making and empowering music makers.
Output has made a name for itself as one of the fastest growing, creative, and influential music-making software companies in the world. The likes of Kendrick Lamar, Bjork, Rihanna, James Blake, Imagine Dragons, Justin Timberlake, Nine Inch Nails and many more use our software to write music as well as hit shows and films like Stranger Things, Game of Thrones, and Black Panther.
We are a strong group of like-minded music makers and music lovers sharing the common goal of helping music makers around the world be creative. We're bonded by music. We're motivated by challenging and fulfilling work. And we always do it while having fun.
We are currently working remotely and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to our office in Los Angeles. We have successfully launched new products, achieved record sales, and continue to thrive as a team working from home. This has opened us up to hiring permanent remote positions around the country. Our culture has always valued our employee's work-life balance and we offer 5 weeks of PTO, excellent health care, and a community of music enthusiasts- with access to our music studios (once it is safe to return).
AddressLos Angeles, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Output