PRN Radiology Technologist
This position is based in offices in Clarksville and Westminster, Maryland.
About UNI Urgent Care:
YoU aNd I are responsible for your health! All our providers here at U.N.I. vow to treat each patient individually with respect and with the best and most up to date standards of medical care. Our goal is to ensure that all patients understand that their healthcare is our and their responsibility; that we are trained to evaluate and treat their ailments and prescribe medications as indicated. Our patients take on the responsibility to provide us with information about their symptoms and follow through on medical instructions and prescriptions. The patient and the providers are a team!
· Follows prescribed techniques for producing general and specific X-rays for diagnostic purposes.
- Prepare patient for x-ray, explain procedures to patient and/or family, prepare room, equipment, and materials as needed.
- Position patient and arrange immobilization and support devices for patient.
- Practice ALARA radiation protection techniques to limit exposure to patient and medical staff.
- Adjust equipment controls: determine proper voltage, and exposure time.
- Administer routine x-ray exams, assist the physician, and assist in treatment of patients, changing dressings, or removing sutures/staples under physician or nurse practitioner direction.
- Observe patient during procedures and report unusual occurrences to Physicians and record patient’s condition. Triage patients to include chief complaint, vitals/social history and document medication allergies.
- Chart procedures performed and document on charge sheet.
- Develop, mark and file x-ray CD and maintain CD library. Retrieve and log x-rays requested or sent out for referrals or copying.
- Clean and disinfect x-ray and patient rooms daily and equipment, maintain and order x-ray supplies and other clinical supplies as requested.
- Perform x-ray/lab quality assurance tests and maintain x-ray and lab quality assurance records.
- Perform most functions of a medical assistant and assist front-end registration staff and perform additional clerical duties as necessary.
- Perform DOT/Non-DOT Drug testing and Breath Alcohol Testing (BAT). Perform CLIA-Waived lab tests.
Required Experience and Trainings:
- Education: Completion of accredited radiology technology program
- Preferred Experience: Six months x-ray experience and familiarity with routine medical procedures.
- Licenses/Certifications: Current certification and/or state licensure in radiology technology.
- Registration with American Registry of Radiological Technologists.
- BLS/CPR certification.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Knowledge of specific MDE/HIPPA/CLIA and OSHA requirements regarding radiological procedures and Lab Procedures.
- Proficient with EMR and other computer systems
- Ability to accurately read and write medical terminology.
- Ability to escort or transport patient by wheelchair or stretcher when appropriate.
- Types 25 words per minute with 96% accuracy.
- Detail oriented with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in fast paced environment!