Non-Exempt/Full-Time/36 hours per Week
This position is located in Hagerstown and Frederick, Maryland.
About UNI Urgent Care:
YoU aNd I are responsible for your health! All our providers here at U.N.I. vow to treat each patient individually with respect and with the best and most up to date standards of medical care. Our goal is to ensure that all patients understand that their healthcare is our and their responsibility; that we are trained to evaluate and treat their ailments and prescribe medications as indicated. Our patients take on the responsibility to provide us with information about their symptoms and follow through on medical instructions and prescriptions. The patient and the providers are a team!
· Assists physicians, nurses, and other medical staff by performing administrative and clinical duties.
- Prepares treatment rooms for patient examinations.
- Cleans treatment rooms following patient examinations.
- Interviews patients to obtain their medical history.
- Records patient medical history, vital statistics, and test results in patient medical files.
- Performs routine screening tests, such as height and weight measurements and blood pressure checks.
- Able to perform manual blood pressures
- Draws blood, removes sutures, changes dressings.
- Performs Weekly Inventory and maintains supplies and equipment.
- Cleans and sterilizes medical equipment and instruments.
- Properly disposes of contaminated supplies.
- Assists physicians during examination by handing over instruments and materials.
- Set up room and assist providers for: Suturing and I&D's.
- Perform Ear Irrigations
- Must be comfortable with all age groups.
- Performs immunizations and administers injections as requested by Provider.
- Able to Splint according to company protocols. (also taught in-house)
- Must have flexible availability to work weekdays, weekends, and evenings.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Required Experience and Training:
- Education: Certification as Medical Assistant, or 2 years Associates degree
- Experience: 1-2 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Licenses/Certifications: CPR and first aid certification required; certification as a medical assistant (CMA) preferred
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Verbal: Comfortable communicating with patients of all ages and ethnic backgrounds
- Active listening
- Social perceptiveness
- Monitoring of patient vitals with clear and concise documentation
- Maintain HIPAA compliance at all times
- Understand and follow OSHA regulations (Blood Borne Pathogens)
- Experience with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system, comfortable with computers, and typing skills
- Must be able to work in fast paced environment!