Are you looking for a change? Do you want to work in a fast paced productive environment that rewards hard work and creativity? Then we want you!
With over 25 years of experience in the remote camp business we are a leader in remote camp catering. We understand that superior food service is essential to our success and that it starts with motivated and well trained staff. Come and join our team! Well over 50% of our applicants have been referred by existing employees who recommended Outland Camps to their friends and colleagues.
Outland is always looking for General Helpers to Red Seal individuals. Apply today!Job Description
We are looking for dynamic and confident team players with a passion for food that are looking for a challenge. We offer a concept that allows you to cook from scratch while managing a kitchen and keeping food and labour budgets in line. The ideal candidate is a competent experienced a la carte Chef that can produce an amazing dining experience for 200-1200 people.
Please note that this is a general application for various locations. Employment contract lengths will vary with each location.
Oversee all kitchen operations including but not limited to:
- Menu planning.
- Inventory management and ordering.
- Providing supervision, guidance and support to all Outland kitchen staff including; scheduling shifts, training and development through coaching and mentoring, delegation of assigned job tasks and employee evaluation and performance management.
- Working with the Camp Manager, Regional Manager and Regional Chef to achieve personal and company goals.
- Maintain ongoing communication and a working rapport with Outland's customers and clients. Ensuring that the client is satisfied with the overall service, cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining facilities.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a Chef or Sous Chef role with experience in inventory management and food cost control.
- Camp, hotel or restaurant management experience is an asset.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
- Journeyman Red Seal and First Aid certification.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office.
- Must have an acceptable Criminal Records Check.
- Positive attitude, clean and safe work habits, mentally organized and be able to not only follow standards but have the initiative to constantly set new ones.
The Chef is required to perform a variety of physical duties, including:
- Lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 lbs.
- Climb ladders or stairs.
- Stand, walk, squat, kneel or sit according to task for extended lengths of time.
- Perform repetitive hand work requiring full use of both hands.
- Work with arms above shoulder height.
Work Schedule and Remuneration:
Chefs work on a rotational schedule. They may be expected to work weekdays, weekends, and general holidays. They may be required to work split shifts.
Wages are paid on an hourly basis. Specific pay details are discussed at the interview phase.
Please fill out the following application in full to be considered for a position. You will be prompted to upload your resume so please have it ready when you apply. We thank all applicants in advance for applying however due to the high volume of interest in working with Outland Camps only those being considered for employment will be contacted.