Are you looking for a change? Do you want to work in a fast paced productive environment that rewards hard work and creativity? Then we want you!
With over 25 years of experience in the remote camp business we are a leader in remote camp catering. We understand that superior food service is essential to our success and that it starts with motivated and well trained staff. Come and join our team! Well over 50% of our applicants have been referred by existing employees who recommended Outland Camps to their friends and colleagues.
Outland is always looking for General Helpers to Red Seal individuals. Apply today!Job Description
We are looking for an experienced, customer-service oriented Camp Manager for one of our 500-1500 person camps. Candidates should be self-starters who possess effective skills in communication, time management and organization.
- Managing the day-to-day activities of an assigned camp.
- Uphold camp and workplace health and safety standards.
- Meet with clients and provide quality customer service by addressing their special requests and concerns in a prompt and effective manner.
- Supervising, training and managing staff performance issues.
- Manage staff scheduling, payroll and daily and weekly meetings.
- Inspecting, evaluating and ensuring the camp cleanliness, food quality and presentation and controlling inventory to meet or exceed expectation.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly reports.
- Maintain project budget; tracking occupancy, staffing and monitoring expenses.
- Performing administrative tasks which include liaisons with the client, managing room bookings, preparing reports.
- Troubleshooting minor maintenance problems if necessary.
- Camp, hotel or restaurant management experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of kitchen operations is an asset.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
- Must have a valid driver's license with clean drivers abstract.
- Must have an acceptable Criminal Records Check.
- Advanced Food Safety certification and First Aid certification.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
Work Schedule and Remuneration:
The Camp Manager works on a rotational schedule. They may be expected to work weekdays, weekends, and general holidays. This job is in a remote location to which there is limited access.
Wages are paid on a day rate basis up to 12 hours per shift. Specific pay details are discussed at the interview phase.
Please fill out the following application in full to be considered for this position. You will be prompted to upload your resume so please have it ready when you apply. We thank all applicants in advance for applying however due to the high volume of interest in working with Outland Camps only those being considered for employment will be contacted.