Seasonal Sales Specialist
- $18 to $20 Hourly
At Outerknown, we're making every decision with the highest regard for the hands that build our clothes and the world we call home. From seed to suppliers to a circular design, our mission is to protect our natural resources, empower the people crafting our clothes, and inspire change within the industry and beyond. We believe you shouldn't have to sacrifice style for sustainability - the two should be synonymous.
A place for community and product discovery, both paying homage to those who came before and continuing the legacy. We're looking for great people to represent Outerknown and be part of our retail team. The people chosen for this role should have connections to the local community and a passion for sustainability. We're open for a reason and we're looking for awesome people to carry the torch.
In this role, Seasonal Sales Specialist are Brand Ambassadors for Outerknown, and will:
- Maximize personal sales at all opportunities
- Provide a friendly and welcoming work environment
- Assist customers with wardrobe styling and be comfortable with sharing up-to-date fashion knowledge – including demonstrating how a new product can mix with existing/previous purchases
- Display expert knowledge of the product, company history, company policy, and store/company strategies
- Meet selling expectations and achieve individual and team sales goals, and contribute to the store’s overall success
- Work well with others and collaborate to build a strong store team.
- Work with Store Management to set goals for personal skills development
- Provide assistance with floor sets, window changes, and other merchandising and visual expectations
- Clean, vacuum, fold, size, steam, replenish and assist with housekeeping needs as assigned
- Actively participate in all merchandising activities including but not limited to daily stock maintenance and order, receiving and processing, product transfers, folding and floor changes
- Ensure adherence to all company policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the availability and scheduling needs of the business.
- Perform POS transactions accurately and efficiently and follow all cash handling procedures.
- Actively support securing company assets through effective Loss Prevention in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Outgoing personality that can interact openly with others
- Demonstrated ability to achieve individual selling goals and metrics
- Customer Service experience required
- Demonstrated sales accountability
- Strong personal leadership skills and desire to succeed
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a team environment with peers and supervisors
- Ability to receive feedback from management and peers
- Passionate about Outerknown and a strong believer in our mission and values
- 1+ years of experience in retail sales
- Strong styling capabilities with an eye for current fashion and trends
- Exemplary communication and customer service skills
- Excellent time management skills and a sense of urgency
- Ability to recognize and react to changing work demands
- Goal-oriented: the ability to stay focused on creating winning results
- Ability to work a flex schedule (which includes nights, weekends, and holiday availability)
- Ability to lift at least 20 lbs
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to stand/walk for long periods at a time
COVID-19 Vaccinations: Outerknown requires all employees to demonstrate proof of receiving all COVID-19 vaccinations that they are eligible for, as a condition of their employment.
Outerknown assigns pay ranges to a job based on the location specific to the market median of similar jobs in accordance with 3rd party benchmark surveys, individual pay within the range can vary for several reasons including skills, capabilities, experience, and available budget.
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.