SEO Specialist - Mid Level
Do you love all things digital? Are you the one your friends and family come to with their computer questions?
Have you ever made your own website? Have you ever wondered what it really takes to move a website up to the top of search engines?
At OuterBox we know what it takes to move our clients’ websites up the search engine ladder. Our experts have been doing it for over sixteen years and our methods are proven to work. In this position you can utilize those same skills, see the results of your work from day to day - and know that it was YOU who did it.
If that sounds like something you can get excited about, then this may be the job for you!
OuterBox is looking for a full-time mid-level SEO Specialist. with a seriously inquisitive mind. . You should have a good understanding of what SEO is, about a year of experience in the field using the tools and be eager and able to learn more.
- Candidates should be locally based in the Akron/Cleveland area.
- Execute the marketing strategy developed by Strategists by using a variety of on-site and off-site tactics to increase website traffic and clients’ sales.
- Conduct research and analysis on clients’ industries and results. Present recommendations to Strategists and work with them to determine the effectiveness of the current strategy.
- Help to adapt strategies and plans to changing algorithms and realized results.
- Create monthly reporting for clients (OuterBox actions taken / work performed, numbers on traffic and sales, etc.).
- Work collaboratively within the marketing department as well as other OuterBox teams to achieve the clients’ goals within the scope of search marketing / advertising.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of various marketing tools to perform keyword research, competitive analysis, and other search marketing activities.
- Efficiency using Google Drive, Docs and Sheets as well as Microsoft Office
- An understanding of web development (ability to write HTML / CSS is preferred)
- Optimize copy and landing pages for search engine marketing
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion, and optimization
- Research and implement search engine optimization recommendations
- Research and analyze competitor advertising links
- Develop and implement link building strategy
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
Continuing Success Factors:
- Have a sincere desire to be part of a collaborative team
- Maintain an approach that is self-motivated, professional, and positive
- The ability to multitask and stay cool under pressure
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SEO and SEM.
- Ability to follow directions exactly and learn new programs as needed
- Ability to write clearly, concisely and without the fluff
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive personality and eagerness to learn
- High personal standards and reliability (Read: You do what it takes to get the work done well, without having to be asked.)
Additional Growth Opportunities
At OuterBox, you can have as much influence as you have initiative. If you show us you’re smart and can be trusted with the details, your role could expand to include:
- Interacting directly with clients
- Developing content strategies and plans
- Performing content audits and recommending optimizations
- Performing technical SEO tasks
- Collaborating on high-level SEO strategies
- Shaping internal processes
Life at OuterBox in Akron is great! We're experiencing explosive growth and just moved to a modern office building in the Copley/Fairlawn area. We love working in the exciting, award-winning environment we've created — and want you to join us!
- Salaried Position
- Group Health Benefits
- Long-Term Disability
- Company Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Flex-Time Work Hours
- Free Snacks
If this sounds like you, you’ll love this job. Fill out the app and let’s get talking!
Why Work Here?OuterBox is a leading website design, development and search engine optimization firm with an excellent growth curve. With over 16 years of experience, OuterBox is a company that will bring challenge and growth to your career.
Collaborative Team Environment, Join the Best eCommerce SEO agency in the country!