The Landscape Lighting Product Manager will have daily interaction with Outdoor Lighting Perspectives franchisees regarding specific project product needs, quality control issues, product fulfillment logistics, new technology opportunities, and overall satisfaction with the approved vendors.
- Gathers and analyzes competitive product information, value propositions, pricing, market trends, and franchisee feedback.
- Constant product support and communications with franchisees. Includes product recommendations, technical support, and design suggestions
- Maintain mutually beneficial relationships with product vendors and search out new vendors when needs warrant
- Proactively suggest product improvements to vendors with franchisee feedback
- Responsible for yearly product pricing updates maintaining both volume and margin goals
- Continually monitor general industry product trends for improvements, new technology, and competing product line innovations
- Monitor product sales and failure rates to address any quality control issues
- Ability to troubleshoot and explain proper installation techniques over the phone and in person
- Collaborating with franchisee product committee to discuss new products and open issues among the system
- Formal presentations to leadership team and franchisees
- Work closely with customer service team to ensure proper and efficient fulfillment of orders and
- resolve any issues that may occur
- Establish and monitor budgets. Weekly and monthly budget analysis to maintain stated goals for volume and margin
- Thorough knowledge of holiday and low voltage architectural and landscape lighting products
- Technically knowledgeable on controls, both hardwired and wireless
- Customer Orientation/Positive Impact
- Results Orientation/Sense of Urgency
- Relationship Building/Sensitivity
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelors degree in business or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience required (franchising experience helpful)
- Experience in project management, leadership, training, budgets, profit and loss, customer service, and conflict resolution required.
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Product Management: 1 year (Preferred)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Business and financial acumen Strategic and innovative thinking skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Organization, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Coaching and influencing skills
- Executive presence with the ability to speak publicly (e.g. facilitation of workshops, training sessions, and large group settings)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications(e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to review financials and key metrics and determine corrective course of action
- Ability and willingness to travel, including overnight.
Salary/wage based upon experience, health and dental benefits package, company cellular phone, mileage reimbursement, paid vacation and holidays.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Relocation Not Required