The Production manager position oversees all areas of production and directs activities so that approved products are manufactured on schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives.
- Assists company officers and senior staff members in the development and formulation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs, and objectives.
- Develops the production plan and establishes procedures for maintaining high standards of operations to ensure products conform to customer and company quality standards.
- Achieves optimum staffing employee levels with least amount of overhead and material costs.
- Directs and monitors department supervisors to accomplish plan, consistent with safety procedures.
- Acts as liaison between department management/subordinate levels, as well as executive/department manager levels to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies and all matters that affect performance, attitudes and results.
- Hires, trains, develops and evaluates staff.
- Identifies, recommends and implements changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap, monitor scrap and rework data. Directs the establishment, implementation and maintenance of production standards.
- Directs and coordinates various programs essential to production procedures (e.g., training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc.).
- Initiates and coordinates major projects (e.g., plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.).
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
- Team Player
- Performance Management.
- Project Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Technical Capacity
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- 5+ years of experience in production management, preferably in a batch-oriented operations.
Preferred Education and Experience
- LED Lighting Industry Experience.
- Experience working with production-based technology.
Outdoor Lighting Manufacturing Company in Carson CA
Why Work Here?
Fast growing Company