Senior Business Analyst (Non-Walmart Retail)
Outdoor Cap has been servicing the needs of the headwear industry for 46 years and is one of the world’s largest companies focused on business-to-business sourcing and manufacturing headwear. With customers in retail, team sports, golf, promotional products and more, working at Outdoor Cap is an opportunity to be part of a growing business building amazing products for some of the world’s greatest brands and companies.
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for driving top and bottom-line channel growth through data-driven analysis, replenishment and supply chain analysis and report development of KPI’s and dashboards for multiple retail customers and supporting operations. The business analyst must have a proven track record developing and executing data and analytics strategy, which support our business goals providing insights from data. As the Business Analyst, you will assist with managing and optimizing the end-to-end performance of our entire company. This individual should be technically savvy, with an analytical mindset, while also having the ability to work cross-functionally with several teams and individuals. This position will support our Non-Walmart retail book of business.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, possesses great analytical, communication, and organizational skills, and demonstrates a high sense of urgency and solution-mindedness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Analytics Strategy Development & Implementation
- Drives improvement and expansion of analytics within the organization
- Works closely with sales team to deliver insights and strategies to help drive sales, sell-through, profits, turns, & GMROII of all inline, seasonal, and promotional programs, to successfully achieve desired scorecard deliverables
- Becomes the S.M.E. in multiple internal operating systems and/or Customers’ data Portals to maintain/automate/improve current multi-level reporting that is detailed and actionable for our Customers/Reps to utilize to better manage their inventory for maximum sales
- Creates high-level Network reporting to be shared Account Managers, BI Leadership, and OC Leadership
- Solves business questions deriving insights from data and presenting solutions in a logical and convincing way
- Creates, analyzes, and disseminates actionable reports and information to internal and external partners
- Creates & develops ad-hoc reports as needed for sales, support teams, and executive leadership
- Develops & maintains strong relationships with buyers, planners, sales reps, and supply chain managers to provide exceptional customer service
- Works closely with BI and Technology teams to design, implement, and manage an overall inventory strategy
- Owns inventory plan execution and reporting for key Outdoor Cap customer accounts. Works with BI leadership to compile & synthesize data for Executive Leadership consumption
- Demonstrates a high sense of urgency to resolve situations quickly and accurately
- Periodically travels with Sales Team for Account seasonal meetings and or shows, as well as taking part in the creation and delivery of Seasonal presentations
Reporting, Communication, & Data-Integrity
- Hosts regular meetings with sales and support teams to better understand the overall business and effectively communicates programs and strategies with all cross functional teams as a means to deliver best in class communication and execution
- Develops financial acumen to become the “go-to” for financial projections and revisions for owned key customer accounts and works closely with leadership to review, revise, and report on overall financials
- Collaborates with Product Development, Sourcing, Purchasing, DC teams, and Sales to ensure accurate item setup and item file management and execution. Additionally, supplies these teams with the insights needed to make informed decisions around future program development and execution
- Builds, delivers, and automates valuable reports & dashboards to drive insights per established weekly/monthly/quarterly expectations
- Participates in the development of presentations and business plans. Presents data in a meaningful way to all audiences
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent solution-based communicator (visual, written and verbal) and a creative thinker with the ability to use data to inform decisions
- Highly collaborative, able to establish and maintain relationships and displays strong leadership abilities to influence and work cross-functionally
- Excellent time management, multi-task oriented, and organizational skills. Highly accountable individual with a strong work ethic and demonstrated flexibility to meet tight deadlines
- Expert knowledge in data analysis and performance/operation metrics
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Statistics, Marketing, Computer Science or similar
- And/or 3 – 5 years of experience in Retail Analytics / Operations or related field required
- Strong experience making presentations and presenting data to executive leadership
- General Financial, System, and Business Analytical and Retail Math Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, with strong Excel & knowledge of Power BI Preferred
- Strong experience understanding and creating complex data models
- Effective in both written and verbal communication to technical and non-technical audiences
- Required to have close visual acuity to perform computer tasks and operate other office machinery.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with internal and external customers and must be able to exchange accurate information in a clear manner.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Outdoor Cap Company, IncBella Vista, AR
Get fresh Senior Business Analyst (Non-Walmart Retail) jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.