Customer Care Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
- Title Customer Care Specialist
- Department Customer Care
- Reports to Director of Customer Service
- FLSA Non-Exempt / Hourly
- Shifts Mid Shift 9 am - 3 pm M-F
The Customer Care Specialist provides exceptional service to all internal and external Outdoor Cap customers, with honesty and integrity and personally resolves product and service issues. An Outdoor Cap Customer Care Specialist serves customers by providing product and service information, working with customers to find the product they want, and creating solutions to ensure a smooth sales process. They will be knowledgeable and able to speak to customers to answer questions about product features. They will be skilled to speak in a friendly way with both pleasant and potentially unpleasant customers, listening to their needs and helping find the right options to meet the customer’s service experience expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves Outdoor Cap customers by answering questions, resolving issues and taking orders by phone, fax, email or web.
- Regularly calculates figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume efficiently.
- Routinely applies common sense understanding to carry out instructions and to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
- Performs well in a fast paced environment and with a mission of serving customers.
- Serves as liaison between the customer and various departments.
- Interacts with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products or services and to handle and resolve complaints.
- Interacts confidently and professionally selling all headwear lines in a professional manner.
- Interacts positively with customers and coworkers under heavy workload with constant interruptions.
- Constantly accesses information on the computer while talking with customers.
- Maintains constant phone coverage along with customer follow-up, problem solving customer concerns, shipping concerns and order inquiries, along with assigned clerical support.
- Enters customer orders into the Simparel
- Must be present and working during the hours of 7a-4p, 8a-5p or 9a-6p. Flexibility of shift may be possible during slow season.
- Upholds Outdoor Cap's values of acting with integrity; working together as a team; treating each other with respect.
- Minimal Travel required.
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrates proficiency in basic computer knowledge using Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Above average typing and ten-key capabilities.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), and has problem solving abilities.
- Must be able to multi-task efficiently.
- Prides themselves on their professionalism, should be outgoing, personable, and a good conversationalist.
- Treats others with respect and work well within their team.
Education and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED, or combination of education and experience
- Two to four years related customer service/call center experience
Physical & Mental Requirements
- The person in this position frequently communicates with customers and must be able to exchange accurate information and engage in conflict resolution strategies when needed.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position (seated) 80% of the day and occasionally reach, bend and move inside the office to access files and product.
- Required to have close visual acuity to perform computer tasks and operate other office machinery.
- Able to hear and effectively communicate with peers
- Ability to move 10-20 lbs occasionally throughout day.
- Able to hear a telephone ring
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Outdoor Cap Company, Inc
AddressBella Vista, AR
BusinessView all jobs at Outdoor Cap Company, Inc