- Posted: over a month ago
Outdoor Cap has been servicing the needs of the headwear industry for 45 years. Established in 1977, we have established ourselves as one of the largest and most respected headwear suppliers in the United States by combining work ethic and integrity with innovative resources and processes. We service 14,000 customers across multiple channels in the Team, Promotional Products, Hunting/Fishing, and Retail markets. Outdoor Cap also has been feverishly developing direct to consumer business that currently focuses on the headband market. Spawning from the CrossFit arena and now a popular consumer brand, www.junkbrands.com is an exciting component of Outdoor Cap where eCommerce is its primary channel of business.
The role of Operations Analyst is to drive business efficiencies by providing insights supported by thorough data driven analysis on key workflow, production, and operational metrics. The position requires an analytical mindset willing to dive into the end-to-end flow of business processes and evaluate the current and potential role of technology therein. This individual should have the ability to collaborate cross-functionally with teams across the business and possess excellent communication skills to serve as an advocate for our business users by providing actionable recommendations to optimize both the internal and external customer experiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Analytics Strategy Development & Implementation
- Utilize analytics applications to transform raw data into meaningful information by developing refreshable and dynamic KPI reports, dashboards, and ad hoc analysis support for the business.
- Provide actionable insights derived from data and present solutions in a logical and convincing manner
- Collate data from various IT systems to assist in the analysis and escalation of key issues identified from exception reports and audits for areas such as customer experience, workflow efficiencies, expense reductions, revenue, inventory/allocation, fulfillment, etc.
- Help drive the ability to ensure business performance and efficiencies are measured accurately and effectively
- Assess reporting needs for each business area and equip with necessary resources for efficient management
- Develop in depth knowledge of business processes and interactions to build accurate and influential ROI analysis
Information Technology Support
- Facilitate collaborative conversations between technical and non-technical teams from the business areas to add and prioritize projects for the IT roadmap based on level of impact for the business.
- Ensure initial project discovery information provided by the business owners properly covers the scope and circumstances needed for proper development and is understood thoroughly by the IT Project Manager.
- Perform initial evaluation of developed product to ensure that it fulfills the appropriate business need
- Facilitate appropriate and thorough testing of IT development with the business area owners
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent communicator and a creative thinker with the ability to use data to inform decisions
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative relationships at all levels of the organization
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrable business acumen and excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, and business focused skills
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
- Superior time management and multi-tasking skills
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated flexibility to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated proficiency in the following systems:
- MS Office products (Word, advanced Excel)
- Data Visualization tools such as Power BI, etc.
- Scheduling and sharing tools (SharePoint, Outlook)
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics, Computer Science, Business Information Systems, or related field; and/or equivalent combination of related experience and/or training
- 1-2 years of experience Operations/Manufacturing Analytics or related field preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Power BI preferred
- Effective in both written and verbal communication to technical and non-technical audiences
- Positive, problem-solving attitude
- Regularly required to sit, stand, reach, bend and move about the office
- Required to have close visual acuity to perform computer tasks, and expansive analysis and reading.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds infrequently
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Outdoor Cap Company, Inc
AddressBella Vista, AR
BusinessView all jobs at Outdoor Cap Company, Inc