Senior Backend Software Engineer
- Expired: December 30, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Outcomes4Me is on a mission to improve health outcomes by empowering patients with understandable, relevant, and evidence-based information. Outcomes4Me has developed a platform for shared decision-making between patients and providers. The platform harnesses regulatory-grade, real-world data, and patient experiences generating deeper insights and better outcomes to improve care and accelerate research. The Outcomes4Me mobile app enables cancer patients to make decisions and take control of their care based on information that is personalized to their specific condition, including finding treatment options, matching to clinical trials, and tracking and managing symptoms.
What You'll Find At Outcomes4Me:
- Purpose: If you gain strength from doing important work, you belong on our team.
- Challenge: We're improving the lives of people who need us. We have big challenges ahead and the motivation to overcome them.
- Trust: We're building a culture of independence. That means we're going to trust and support you in making the right decisions.
- Transparency: You need to see the whole picture if you're going to make an impact.
Outcomes4Me is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to take a hands-on leadership role on key projects within the engineering team. This position should expect to ramp up and adopt significant ownership responsibilities in the first few months. Outcomes4Me is expanding quickly and has tech lead opportunities on a number of new and existing projects.
What you'll work on:
- Providing technical and architectural leadership
- Leading teams of fellow engineers including mentorship of new teammates
- Delivering high-quality solutions and ensuring that best practices and sound engineering principles are applied in all phases of the software development life cycle
- Working closely with cross-functional teams to design, architect, and implement new products and features
- Leading all phases of the product development lifecycle (conception, design, build and scale)
- Driving your ideas and helping define and evolve the technical roadmap
- Contributing to all areas where software is needed: backend, ETL, back office, databases, data analysis, reporting, etc.
- Promoting teamwork, research cutting-edge technology, and create a work atmosphere that encourages continuous innovation
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of backend software engineering experience
- Deep knowledge of computer science, data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Strong experience working with at least one RDBMS or non RDBMS database.
- Strong experience building easy to use REST APIs.
- Experience with agile software development
- A strong communicator, capable of leading progress on a team through collaboration and influence
- Comfort with having technical, product, and business discussions
- An ability to give thoughtful feedback, nurturing a rigorous engineering environment, and providing context for team members to grow.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science
Nice to have:
- Experience with Node/Typescript
- Experience with Python and Scala
- Experience with AWS or Google Cloud
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience architecting performant large scale products and systems
This full-time hybrid role is based in Boston, MA. Learn more about us at Outcomes4Me.com.
We are committed to building a diverse team that represents a variety of backgrounds, viewpoints, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better the products we build will be.
Get fresh Backend Development jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.