Manager, Corporate Accounting and Financial Analysis
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are Outbrain.
We're one of the world's largest content recommendation platforms, delighting audiences with engaging, personalized content recommendations while serving as the primary engagement partner and platform for the world's top digital media companies.
Outbrain is looking for a Manager of Corporate Accounting and Financial Analysis to help lead the day-to-day operations of our Corporate Accounting team.
A day in the life
- Direct and manage Outbrain's day-to-day corporate accounting operations and activities in accordance with U.S. GAAP, including managing the monthly close process and ensuring compliance of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Coordinate team efforts around the close schedule and ensure that all required financial data is properly captured, reconciled, documented and disclosed
- Drive and ensure timely reporting of the monthly results and quarterly reporting packages, including review of variance analyses and preparation of internal management reporting / analyses and presentations to management
- Manage, develop and mentor members of the team to promote and enable growth
- Analyze historical data / expense, KPIs, and foreign currency impacts, articulating insights, business trends, and recommended actions to management
- Manage and drive key accounting and finance processes, primarily internal reporting and analysis but may also include (but is not limited to) global consolidations and budget-to-actual processes/analysis
- Drive continuous process improvement with the goal of increasing efficiency and optimizing the distribution of work through automation
- Create and maintain reporting that facilitate analytical and other business requirements
- Support ad hoc requests and special projects e.g., complex business transactions, business initiatives, system implementations / upgrades), as assigned
- Establish and maintain strong business partnerships with members of the global finance organization and key cross-functional stakeholders such as FP&A, Tax, Procurement, Legal, IT and functional business owners
- Be a point of contact for the external audit process
What you'll bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 6-8 years of finance/accounting experience working under U.S. GAAP, including 2+ years of direct management experience and 2+ years of audit experience at a nationally recognized audit firm
- Experience working with publicly traded companies (at corporate level)
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to draw insights from historical performance and understanding of business priorities
- Demonstrated strength in financial analysis, providing decision support and financial leadership to senior stakeholders
- Ability to operate independently and effectively in dynamic and fast-paced work environment, with strong time-management and organizational skills
- Effective communication skills: ability to tailor messaging to the intended audience and communicate complex concepts effectively
- Ability to thrive in a team environment collaborating with others, including on cross-functional teams
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze ERP transactional detail and find answers to provide more transparency of financial data as needed
- Demonstrated experience with process improvement
- Strong preference for mix of public and private experience (or advising publicly traded companies if public accounting only)
- Experience dealing with multiple currencies and FX impacts, including currency translations
- Experience in technology, media, and telecommunications (TMT) industry (or other relatable industries)
- Experience working with cross-functional stakeholders/teams
- Experience working on system implementations
- ERP experience required, NetSuite experience a plus
More than snacks!
- Brand new NYC office in the Flatiron district with a flexible hybrid working model and WFH budget to make your at home working space productive and comfortable
- Generous Vacation package and unlimited sick days
- Become part of our success with our equity program
- Wellbeing benefits like a Free Gym Membership or stipend towards a gym of your choosing
- World class healthcare options, 5 plan offerings with an option that is covered by Outbrain above benchmark (Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance, 401K Plan with Matching)
- Expand your toolbox with our mentorship program and internal learning tools
- Happy hours…and of course a fully stocked kitchen with multiple coffee options!
We Recommend #LifeAtOutbrain
Our company culture is welcoming, dynamic, diverse, global, and built on top performance.
Did you know "trust" is one of our core values? We apply this value to our day-to-day by working collaboratively on a global scale. With managers and teammates often sitting in other countries and time zones, we value communication, patience, and open-mindedness to all cultural backgrounds. We encourage all ideas, and everyone gets a seat at the table!
Our team is made up of individuals who are approachable, resourceful, passionate, and proactive. We foster a sense of belonging through our Employee Resource Groups –employee-led groups in which we debate topics and drive change. From OB Green (environmental), OB WE (women empowerment), OB Good (charitable initiatives) to OB4E (diversity, equity, and inclusion), you'll be able to share your passions with likeminded people.
Dive into the Outbrain experience via our Instagram account!
The annual pay range for this position is $116,000.00-$130,000.00. The actual amount offered may be higher or lower, based on non-discriminatory factors such as experience, job-related knowledge, skills, and abilities. In addition to salary, you may be eligible for an equity package, as well as our competitive benefits and perks to support you and your family as part of Outbrain's total rewards package.
AddressNew York, NY
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Outbrain
Get fresh Corporate Account jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.