Chief Digital Officer
- Posted: over a month ago
***This position is being filled through GNU Leadership: Please apply with John Hughes at email@example.com ***
We are looking for a team-first, mission-driven, gospel-inspired digital leader to join us as we seek to impact the next several generations to grow in their understanding of Scripture, deepen their relationship with Jesus and be transformed by the work of the Holy Spirit. We know we need help to move to a digital-first strategy. Fortunately, we have a hungry team ready to work with an experienced leader with deep digital experience who can help us pivot. Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Digital Officer will help develop a comprehensive digital strategy in partnership with our Chief Technology Officer that is relevant to the changing needs of a sophisticated yet distracted audience. The real challenge is doing this at a global scale as we serve people in over 150 countries and in 55 languages as we anticipate Revelation 7:9. We have been in existence for 84 years making the life-changing wisdom of the Bible understandable and accessible to all. Come help us extend it that for another 84 years and impact eternity. We cannot promise you it will be easy, but we know it is rewarding.
Responsible for developing and implementing a long-term global strategic digital vision for Our Daily Bread Ministries (ODBM). This includes enhancing the ministry’s organizational structure, processes, and related technology. Collaborate with the Global Executive Team (GET) to achieve the overall mission, vision, and impact objectives. Lead ministry-wide global digital strategies and execution in close partnership with regional SVPs and their in-country teams.
- Provide thought leadership on all things digital, promoting and modeling industry best practices and new ideas.
- Lead a cross-functional digital leadership team to design and implement comprehensive ministry-wide strategies to form a digital growth roadmap aligned with key ministry objectives.
- Foster an innovation culture and an ecosystem where all global marketing teams are embracing opportunities across digital ecosystems.
- Partner with the global digital teams to create contextualized regional campaigns that align with the ODBM brand.
- Mentor emerging global marketers and technologists in order to develop future leaders.
- Develop agile and innovative processes with emerging technologies to generate new value propositions and create sustainable growth.
- Use audience-centric data to develop new scalable offerings and manage the ministry’s ability to build vital and valued communities online, via mobile, and on social media.
- Leverage broad insights into markets, business/ministry models, and technology to create and communicate a digital strategy with innovative programs that are scalable, transferable, and translatable across the ministry.
- Identify and explore new strategic digital partnerships.
- Lead major digital marketing initiatives from inception to completion, collaborating with internal cross-functional teams from marketing, digital marketing, design, project management, ministry efforts, IS, production, customer service, etc.
- Leverage knowledge of emerging digital technologies and how they may optimize current marketing programs.
- Partner with the SVP of Global Content and Chief Technology Officer to create an audience-centric ministry by identifying pathways to Bible engagement that enhances user experiences and faith journeys.
- Align consumer touchpoints across digital marketing channels/tools to ensure consistency of creative elements.
- Monitor, plan, and direct digital analytics/research to gather information and compile statistics pertinent to the planning and execution of digital campaigns. Leverage web analytics to establish benchmarks and report on campaigns.
- Collaborate with research teams to apply market research and data-driven approaches to audience segmentation, testing, monitoring key performance indicators, and program evaluation.
- Operate from a global perspective with a local mindset, this leader will deliver best-in-class direction and support to deliver multi-channel, digital-first content.
Study or Knowledge and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, computer science, or related field. Master's degree is preferred.
• Capable of high-level strategic and tactical planning within the framework of global digital marketing.
- Possess a data, marketing, and technology mindset with a predisposition towards experimentation and validation of ideas.
- Experience in working in global contexts and with cross-cultural, linguistic and national teams.
• Thorough global knowledge of e-commerce, online transactions, social media, digital marketing, mobile, apps, etc.
• Able to confidently articulate a deep, fact-based understanding of key audiences/customers based on their knowledge, attitudes, behaviors, values, lifestyles, etc.
• Working knowledge of and practical experience with agile processes for digital development, preferred competency in Scale Agile Framework for enterprises (SAFe).
• Must be capable of coordinating multiple digital efforts and keep track of the details of several high-profile projects.
• Able to lead a digital team(s), working collaboratively to influence, inspire, and involve everyone across the ministry, across regions, countries, languages and departments.
• Excellent oral/written communication skills including diplomatic negotiation skills as needed.
• Strive to live a life consistent with biblical principles and demonstrate continued growth and spiritual development.
Internal Work Environment
• Must be collaborative with and teachable by the assigned ministry effort team(s).
• Persuasion, discretion, and tact are needed to educate and gain support for complex marketing efforts with individuals and/or groups throughout the global ministry.
- Able to work in cross-cultural and linguistic environments and adopt a non-U.S. centric perspective.
External Work Environment
• High degree of communication required in networking with outside organizations, consultants, and vendors. Tact, professionalism, and persuasion are required.
• Responsible for decisions that will affect how the public views ODBM.
• Able to provide spiritual leadership to the team and serve as a godly leader who emulates Christ.
- Has the strategic and people skills needed to operate in a large-scale ministry and champion change and transformation across the entire organization that goes beyond the technical/technology fluency and function.
- Able to lead with excellence and provide an explanation of marketing efforts to involved departments/individuals so that all involved fully understand project goal(s), expected results, and required services.
• Provide direction and clarity on decisions affecting digital marketing in regards to offers, scheduling, and other related needs.
Stewardship of Resources
• Responsible for the continued success of all digital marketing efforts
• Responsible for the outcome and response of all digital marketing efforts in the form of lives ministered to and contributions received.
• Responsible for establishing and working within the budget for all assigned efforts.
Miscellaneous: Significant international travel required. Based on biblical principles, our statement of faith and the richness of our organization's history, we will strive to reflect our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion by honoring the ministry's mission, vision, values/ethos and guiding principles.
Our Daily Bread strives to embody a Biblically based commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Our Daily Bread Ministries
AddressGrand Rapids, MI
BusinessView all jobs at Our Daily Bread Ministries
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?