The Spanish Translation/Copywriter will work on requests and is expected to clearly communicate project progress to clients. The ideal candidate must be a creative translator, as well as an excellent writer/proofreader, be proficient in both English and Spanish grammar, and have a deep understanding of Hispanic culture in Texas. He/she is an ambassador for the brand and ensures all Spanish messaging reflects the client voice and is relevant for our audience.
• Translate, transcreate, edit and proofread copy for customer and prospect communication efforts including printed collateral, emails, web pages, scripts and in-bill communications.
• Think strategically to provide compelling solutions that meet the needs of key stakeholders and the Hispanic market.
• Maintain Reliant's brand image, voice, identity and communication style in all translations.
• Help maintain Spanish translation brand guidelines and contribute to improve them.
• Use his/her knowledge of regional differences across different Spanish-speaking countries and be able to produce translations that are acceptable to the widest possible audience.
• Make sound decisions about when accuracy and consistency should be the main goal in a translation and when a more creative approach to translation is needed (transcreation).
• Review Spanish-language content developed by agencies as needed to provide copywriting direction to maintain consistency with brand guidelines and ensure alignment with strategy.
• Assist creative agencies in producing Spanish-language TV, RD and digital content.
• Enable cross-collaboration among teams working in Spanish-language content to make sure expertise and key information is shared to improve customer experience for this audience.
• Balance competing priorities while meeting tight deadlines.
• Work with SDL Trados and help ensure that our translation memories are updated.
• Certified by the American Translators Association (English to Spanish)
• Experience in marketing and advertising
• Experience processing Adobe InDesign files in SDL Trados
• Experience managing translation jobs with outside vendors
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills in Spanish and English
• Strong attention to detail, organization and time management skills
• Ability to think strategically to provide solutions
• Ability to think and act proactively to plan ahead and anticipate setbacks
• Solid business acumen and problem-solving skills
• Ability to multitask and perform in a deadline-sensitive environment
• Ability to work independently and take ownership of projects
• Ability to adapt to changing work environment
• Ability to effectively present information and gain buy-in
• Sets high expectations of self and work; self-motivated and resourceful
• At least 3-5 years' experience translating in an agency or in-house group