Every month, over 50 million people count on our talented teams to support, guide, and inspire them toward the best possible health outcomes for themselves and their families.
Our multi-disciplined engineering team is predominantly remote; spread across the US. Engineers play a critical part in the decision-making processes as it relates to product, features and architecture. As we embark on creating a new, web-based experience to compliment our React Native mobile apps, we'll be re-architecting and implementing code using TypeScript, standard ES Modules, React(Preact, Stencil.JS), and React Native. For our back-end code, we are currently utilizing some Java and are actively migrating towards using Node.js. We utilize processes such as continuous integration/deployment so we can focus on shipping quality/reliable code.
What You'll Do:
- Help us develop a high-traffic web experience for our suite of mobile apps, ensuring that it's blazing fast and delivers an awesome experience for all of our users.
- Split time between front-end web development, back-end java development, back-end node.js development with occasional dev-ops and React Native work
- Implement unit and integration tests where appropriate
- Develop features in Java and work on migrating towards common Typescript platform.
- Help build out internal tools for administering 5-6 heavily trafficked social networking apps
- Collaborate closely with our Product and Design teams to execute and iterate on new ideas and user engagement initiatives
- Work in a highly collaborative team
- Encourage and leverage best practices around testing and automation
- Constantly evolve processes around developer productivity and developer experience
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Basic understanding and desire to utilize modern web features such as Web Components, CSS Containment, Web Workers
- Zoom call and pair programming enthusiast
- Preferably located in the PST, MST, or CST timezones
- You have a great balance between pragmatism and the desire to make things "perfect"
- You want to be a part of creating a culture within a small team.
- You strive for simplicity even for complex problems.
- You are excited about the technical challenges associated with serving millions of users on a daily basis!
- Your secret talent is creating custom emojis in Slack
- Your gif game is strong