Major international freight/transportation company is seeking a rock star sales support specialist to join the business development team!
The Sales Support position is to assist our organization with the set up and on-boarding of our clients, as well as assist with customers’ solutions. As part of the Special Projects team, the position will directly report to the Project Manager.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review and upload new customer instructions and applicable documents provided by Sales/Pricing team during the onboarding process
- Follow up with / guide the Sales and Pricing team on any missing SOP details according to services provided to customer (PO management, shipping instructions, routing details, brokerage, distribution, payment terms, billing instructions, etc.)
- Follow up with / guide the Sales and Pricing team on any missing necessary documents to handle services provided to customer, such as Power of Attorneys, licenses, permits, etc.
- Finalize transition of customer instructions from shared drive into the CRM system for existing customers, reviewing current services offered via system reports and the team handling it, ensuring that set up is correct and required documents are uploaded
- Update and release new customer instructions to the team as soon as received, prioritizing live updates
- Update customer data (confirm addresses, phone numbers, contacts), ensuring that branches, brands, sister companies, owned production facilities and warehouses are correctly linked, generating the customer’s corporate structure
- Assist with employee training in tools related to the role
- Report process exceptions to Management in order to be reviewed
Skills should include:
- Strong written and oral communication
- Customer Relationship Management Systems (CRM)
- Shipment report set up and management
- Excel expertise
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast pace environment
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge of Purchase order management
- Knowledge of Shipping order coordination
- Knowledge of Brokerage requirements
- Customer service experience is not required, but it is a huge plus