Summary: Major areas of responsibility will be in the installation, start-up, operations training and emergency service of automotive testing equipment. This position requires travel, a solid knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics, and experience in troubleshooting electrical and electronic systems.
BSEE with strong mechanical background preferred. Good working knowledge of machinery and/or willingness to learn the skills needed to become an experienced Field Service Engineer. One or two year’s field experience preferred. Self-motivated and understands the importance of being a team player to achieve organizational goals and is able to work effectively under pressure. Able and willing to travel extensively on short notice.
Knowledge of PLC’s, with ability to understand and read ladder logic preferred. Able to understand electronic and computer hardware functionality and use knowledge to troubleshoot equipment to board level. Experience with “C” programming preferred. Experience in performing closed-loop system tuning and identifying system characteristics and limitations a plus.
Primary skills and responsibilities (Others may be assigned):
• Installation and start-up of new/reworked automotive testing equipment
• Maintenance and troubleshooting
• Give training presentations
• Preventative and emergency maintenance machine inspections
• Start-up and testing of machinery on our plant floor before shipment
• Final acceptance testing at customer site
• Develop thorough technical knowledge of the particular product line assigned
• Produce timely and accurate trip reports following service calls
• Supervision of outside labor contractors for turnkey installations
• Preparation of parts and rework kits prior to shipment
• Machine assembly work as needed