Responsibilities include directly supervising the LAN Administrator and all IT Technicians. This position is responsible for providing daily management of all helpdesk requests and ensuring that all issues are resolved in a timely manner. Responsibilities include ensuring end-user support in a timely and courteous manner, mentoring and training staff to ensure all systems can be supported in a minimal timeframe, scheduling staff in accordance with set priorities, and managing and documenting the workload of the staff through the helpdesk software. Manage remote and desk-side hardware and software support for end users of PC-based systems and diagnose and repair issues related to hardware and software including operating systems, office applications, networks, computer operations, phone systems, and POS.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is a list of the main duties and responsibilities. However, other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by management.
- Oversees and mentors the Support Services team.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the Support Services team.
- Interfaces with all departments, regarding current Information Technology (IT).
- Manages the Installation of hardware, software, operating systems and office applications including: unpacking new equipment, installing and removing options in PC’s, installing and configuring software, performing backups of workstations and servers, shutdown and moving workstations, and perform PC installations and swaps.
- Provide end-user support in a timely and courteous manner.
- Creates job aids such as quick reference guides and disseminates information to system users by writing desk instructions and training guides.
- Works with structured wiring systems, maintain, troubleshoot and support fiber optic and copper connectivity.
- Maintains, troubleshoots and supports network hardware in LAN, WAN, and wireless configurations.
- Maintains, troubleshoots and supports telephones, voice mail, and POS system.
- Performs administrative functions such as writing reports, maintaining accurate records, etc.
- Informs Director of IT of problem trends and provide status reports.
- Properly maintain records of helpdesk-related activities.
- Understands the goals and vision of the organization, and demonstrates commitment to those goals in terms of individual and team performance.
- Prioritizes tasks, handles multiple projects simultaneously.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include maintaining sufficient staffing levels; interviewing, hiring, and training Team Members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining Team Members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
GENERAL OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences or Business Administration from a four-year college or university required and two years of experience in Information Technology. Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or MS Certified Professional (MCP). Gaming related experience.
OtterBase - gr