- Serve as a project manager on projects and as a designated client contact.
- Prepare engineering analysis of projects to include: preliminary design, calculations, and equipment selection.
- Conduct surveys to gather field data.
- Prepare and interpret existing building plans, schematic drawings, layouts and other visual aids.
- Prepare full design of mechanical systems for projects of various sizes and types.
- Prepare technical construction specifications.
- Attend client meetings.
- Develop probable construction cost estimates for projects.
- Participate in document review as a member of the Quality Assurance/Quality Coordination team.
- Visit construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents.
- Direct and supervise other engineer's and/or designer’s activities on a project.
- Collaborate with other Senior Mechanical Engineers in evaluating staff workload and assign projects to related staff on larger projects.
- Responsible for project schedules and timely completion of projects
- May participate in pricing, estimating, and scoping for proposed projects.
- Serve as an integral partner in Business Development for the Grand Rapids branch, both in establishing new client relationships and solidifying existing relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree, master’s degree in engineering from an accredited four-year college or university (or equivalent experience).
- Professional Engineer’s License active in the State of Michigan.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in the field of consulting engineering for commercial, industrial, healthcare, and/or higher education market sectors.
- Possess substantial knowledge of industry codes and standards.
- Proficient in Autodesk Revit
- Proficient in Trane Trace load calculation programs
- Experience in client relations activities
- Must be a go-getter and willing to wear multiple hats
- Must have an interest in growing with the company
- Must have excellent customer service and team related skills
- Must have strong communication skills
OtterBase - LN