The User Experience Lead will:
- Lead design activities across a product team to shape a customer experience vision; develop, communicate, and implement processes and tactics to ensure product roadmap, including:
Facilitating input from cross-functional teams
Facilitating multi-stakeholder meetings/workshops
Leveraging customer research and data
Overseeing the development and ideation of design solutions
· Work closely with Product Owners to translate business requirements and user needs to develop product strategy and roadmap
· Guide early stage product discovery and definition through deep understanding of users, framing of the problem, evaluating current state experiences and areas of competitive disadvantage, designing concepts and models, etc.
· Collaborate with Product Owners, Engineering Leads, and other relevant stakeholders on strategy sessions, ideation, design, research activities, and testing of new product concepts
· Translates business requirements and user needs into tangible interaction design through detailed user flows, wireframes, and low-fidelity prototypes.
· Provide guidance, direction, and mentorship for junior UX team members to ensure quality of design delivery within the product team and beyond; manage team workflow through story writing and assignment
· Collaborates with the Sr. Manager of UX and other design delivery leads to streamline processes, workflows, and templates in support of lean and agile methodologies.
- Stays abreast of innovations in UX best practices, interaction design trends and patterns, and tools / topics of interest to the UX community.
- Contributes thought leadership and evangelizes the value of UX to the broader business through lunch & learns, workshops, and other activities.
- Training in Human-Centered Design, Design Thinking, Human Factors, or related field. A Masters in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Information Systems, or a related UX discipline is preferred.
- 7+ years of work experience in a UX role;
- 5+ years of experience with standard digital design tools and rapid prototyping software; Sketch & InVision preferred
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates process/approach, the ability to communicate informed design rationale, and an understanding of design, usability, and research best practices.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and persuasion skills; successful in building buy-in with stakeholders and senior management
- Experienced with delivery of UX artifacts within an agile or lean framework (e.g., design sprints, dual-track agile)
- Experience with translating complex problems into elegant design solutions
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and effectively deliver in a dynamic environment
- Prior experience with managing and mentoring the work of others
- Knowledge of Atlassian JIRA and Confluence platforms for agile collaboration and workflow management
- Familiarity with web accessibility guidelines and standards (e.g., WCAG 2.1 AA and ADA Section 508 compliance) is preferred.
- Practical knowledge of Google Analytics and behavioral analytics tools such as Clicktale, SessionCam, or HotJar.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative user research methods and associated platforms, specifically UserTesting.com, Qualtrics, and Optimal Workshop
- Experience with A/B and multivariate test design and analysis; familiarity with Google Optimize or Optimizely is a plus.
You will be a great fit for the role if:
- You are a compelling storyteller, able to build empathy and convey the mindset of users to the broader organization.
- You have the ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions.
- You are an excellent listener with keen attention to detail.
- You love collaborating with others; they should also love collaborating with you.
- You are naturally inquisitive and love solving problems.
- You embrace ambiguity.
- You learn from failure.
- You are passionate about building, prototyping, and continually evolving digital products throughout the product lifecycle.
- You can convey concepts through sketches, flows, wireframes, clickable prototypes, etc. – whatever method you determine to be the most efficient and effective to gain alignment and support from your target audience.
- You’re a systems thinker; you can logically visualize complex systems and user interaction flows.
- You have the ability to learn new tools and do self-guided work within a fast-paced environment