Family Office in Delray Beach, FL in search of a qualified and resourceful HR manager/generalist to provide support for a growing office. This position will have both administrative and strategic responsibilities.
Objectives of this Role
- Assist in developing and executing personnel procedures and policies, providing guidance and interpretation for business operations.
- Participate in development of HR objectives and systems.
- Assist in administering benefits, compensation, and employee performance programs.
- Suggest new procedures and policies to continually improve efficiency of the HR department and organization as a whole, and to improve the employee experience.
- Ensure legal compliance of HR state and federal regulations and applicable employment laws, and update policies and/or procedures as required
Summary of Responsibilities
- Prepare paperwork and facilitate smooth new hire on-boarding process to deliver an exceptional first-day experience.
- Develop and administer new hire orientation program.
- Identify potential training programs (company culture, workplace harassment training, etc) for development and implementation.
- Routine administration of benefits programs, including monthly payment of benefits invoices, auditing of employee deductions, review of all aspects of benefit programs for accuracy and compliance, and annual open enrollment administration.
- Provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service to employees in relation to issues related to conduct, absence, health, grievance matters and all other employee-relations matters.
- Bi-weekly payroll processing, including; updates to employee files, tracking vacation/sick time, inputting deductions, validating employee time sheets and tracking benefit changes.
- Fulfill worker’s compensation insurance audit requests.
- Assist in the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of employee handbook, employee directory, and contributes to the development of policies.
- Oversee annual review process, including pay reviews.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, business, or a related field
- Additional HR training or experience is a plus
- Proven experience working in an HR department
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness
- Resourceful, problem-solving aptitude and thorough knowledge of HR procedures and policies
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and comfortable learning new technical systems as needed
- Natural interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong detail-oriented and resourceful mindset
- Knowledge of HR federal laws and regulations