Supported Employment Specialist
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off
"Transitioning Austin's homeless neighbors into an engaged community through shelter, opportunity, and support."
The Workforce First program is a radically low-barrier, short term work opportunity designed to address the immediate income needs of our participants, while simultaneously providing comprehensive case management, life skills support, and job-readiness training. Operating under the direct supervision of the Supported Employment Team Lead, the Supported Employment Specialist's primary responsibility is overseeing the work projects of individuals participating in the Workforce First program. As such, this position requires individuals to be comfortable working outside, doing manual labor, driving a truck/trailer, and providing support and practical job coaching to groups of people actively experiencing homelessness. Patience, compassion, and lived experience with homelessness, or experience working with this population will be important for this work.
Job Duties Include:
- Collaborating with Workforce First staff to ensure adequate oversight of all on-site resident work opportunities.
- Providing support and practical job coaching to Workforce First participants on a daily basis, with the goal of broadening crew members skill sets and preparing participants to pursue opportunities for future independent employment.
- Assessing clients' vocational functioning on an ongoing basis, utilizing background information and work experiences.
- Collaborating with Esperanza Case Management staff to support client engagement efforts to maximize successful outcomes for WFF participants.
- Collaborating with Fleet and Facilities staff to ensure that facilities pertinent to the scope of resident work opportunities are operational.
- Operating a large passenger van with attached trailer on an as-needed basis, providing transportation for crew members and supplies to and from worksites.
- Providing and maintaining a safe and efficient work site by supplying necessary work equipment (tools, pickers, trash bags, etc.), as well as integrating organizational training standards into daily practice in the field.
- Submitting documentation into organizational databases as appropriate
- Attending program and all- staff meetings.
Qualifications and Skills
- Class-C Driver's License (Required)
- Bilingual proficiency (Spanish/English) (Preferred)
- Experience working with the unhoused (Preferred)
- Experience working in any of the following sectors: social services, supported employment, substance use, or mental health (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Range: $50,169 (non-exempt)
Schedule: 10 hour shift
Work Location: Workforce First, 3801 S 1st Street Austin, TX 78704
Typical Work Hours: 8am-4pm, Monday through Friday
Work Remotely: No
- Health, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Paid vacation, paid sick days, and paid holidays
- Parental leave
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible health spending account
- Professional development assistance
The Other Ones Foundation
780 S. HWY-183, Austin, Texas 78741
Other Ones Foundation, Inc.Austin, TX
Get fresh Supported Employment Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.