Workers Compensation Case Handler / Legal Assistant / Paralegal -
Otero Law Pomona, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, dental,
HIRING EXPERIENCED WORKERS COMP ASSISTANT / PARALEGAL (Pomona)
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Employment type: Full-time
PLEASE READ ALL QUALIFICATIONS BEFORE YOU SEND US YOUR RÉSUMÉ
We are looking for a Spanish-speaking workers' compensation legal assistant or paralegal with 5+ years of experience handling cases from start to finish, under the supervision of an attorney.
We are a busy workers' compensation firm in need of a Spanish-speaking legal assistant. We are a paperless office that relies heavily on technology (Mac environment, iPhones, iPads, etc.), so you need to be technologically savvy.
- Set up and enter new claims into case management system
- Input and review notes and medical reports
- Interview potential new clients, and
- Answer and initiate client calls
- Review, prepare, create, and/or send letters, reports, and forms
- Upload, tag, read, and rate PTP/QME/AME medical reports
- Prepare file for depositions, hearing, and med-legal evaluation.
- Schedule and notify clients of doctor appointments and court hearings
- Maintain a clean workspace
- Maintain and protect client confidentiality
- Fluent in Spanish (speaking and writing with proper grammar and spelling)
- Friendly and confident
- Professional demeanor and attire at all times
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proper phone etiquette
- Team player
- Technologically savvy
- Fast typist
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Can work in a fast-paced environment
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities, nor are the duties set forth in order of importance
Otero LawWhy Work Here?
Our company has a great team environment, a knowledgeable staff, and we continually offer support and training to our employees.
We are counselors, strategists, advocates, negotiators, and trial attorneys. Our team seeks to meet the needs of our clients through aggressive, ethical, and honest representation. We value teamwork, client relations, generosity, and professionalism.
522 W. Holt AvePomona, CA
LegalView all jobs at Otero Law