Furniture Retail Sales and Design Consultant
Oskar Huber Furniture & Design Atlantic City, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Inside Sales Design Consultant - Long Beach Island, NJ / Ship Bottom, NJ
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented sales professional. If you are a creative person with some design skills and enjoy working with people, you could be just who we’re looking for! You will be helping our customers find home furnishing solutions based on style, quality, budget needs. Previous retail sales and interior design experience is helpful. Oskar Huber Furniture is a 4th generation family business. This job location is in Ship Bottom (NJ) on Long Beach Island. Full or Part-time opening available; includes weekend hours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Achieve success by ensuring that all prospects are greeted in a warm and timely manner
- Qualify prospects by asking a series of questions to help identify the style, size, and quality of merchandise desired
- Determine if a house call is necessary and if so, present the process and follow through if the prospect is so inclined
- Present prospects the appropriate home furnishing selections including fabric and style combinations.
- Explain the quality of furniture with the customer including fabric, finish, and quality of construction.
- Know product line features and benefits for all products on the sales floor and review new products when they come onto the floor.
- Adhere to in-home design expectations and policies
- Conduct sales in a professional manner and build and continue product knowledge to maintain a standard of professionalism.
- Attend training seminars or meetings as scheduled.
- Design Consultants follow a “up system” on the sales floor to ensure a professional and fair working environment
- Completes all paperwork related to sales and service promptly according to company procedures.
- Follow-up with all customers & prospects through the use of thank you notes, phone calls, email, etc., to ensure satisfaction, obtain repeat sales and ask for referrals.
- Maintains a properly functioning, organized and thorough customer account file.
- Able to use MS Outlook for email, calendar, and contacts
- Uses computer database to research availability of merchandise and status of orders to assist customers.
- Maintaining assigned area of the showroom
- All design consultants will share the responsibility of assisting with non-selling duties such as the organization of the sales floor and sales-related housekeeping responsibilities.
- Ability to adapt a work schedule to customers needs.
- Have and maintain a valid drivers license and personal car insurance
- ·Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE.
- High School diploma / GED or higher education.
- Interior Design Certification or design experience is required
- Sales experience is a plus.
- Paid personal time
- Paid holidays
- Subsidized health insurance
- Discounted personal furniture and accessory purchases
**PLEASE APPLY TO BE CONSIDERED**
Fabulous furniture. Thoughtful room design. Customized just for you!
Oskar Huber Furniture & DesignWhy Work Here?
We are a forward thinking furniture and interior design business that values relationships, hard work, and creativity.
Oskar Huber Furniture and Design is a small Philadelphia/New Jersey-based family owned retail furniture business. Our Long Beach Island (NJ) store specializes in coastal designs while Southampton (PA) is more transitional. Both stores have vibrant, current product selections not found in other stores - stop in and see for yourself! The business is run by the 3rd and 4th generation Huber Family. Fabulous furniture. Thoughtful room design. Customized just for our customers!
101 W 8th Street Ship BottomAtlantic City, NJ