- Posted: over a month ago
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring an Operations Engineer to join our Insurance Operations team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.About the role
As the Insurance Operations tactical solutions engineering team, Systems and Platforms, we build technical pipelines to automate insurance processes. We also develop new or enhance existing tools and features to be used by Insurance Ops that improve the way they work, and prototyping and integrating with engineering services.
You will report to the Director, Insurance Operations. This is a remote / work-from-home role. You must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, or Washington, D.C. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-RemoteResponsibilities
- You will run the development to production lifecycle for solutions that support operational improvement projects, working to implement and improve efficacy and efficiency of existing operational processes or unlock new capabilities
- You will consult and cross collaborates on iterative problem definition and technical design/scoping to build solutions to improve the efficacy and efficiency of existing operational processes or unlock new capabilities
- You will understand the operations ecosystem, technology and data models and its current strengths, weaknesses, and gaps.
- You will communicate assumptions and technical decisions through design docs, producing and maintaining documentation associated with their domain
- You will develop technical solutions in response to requirements from partners re: new product and market expansions, automated workflows to reduce manual work requirements, new/improved tooling, and data quality/integrity needs
- you will have knowledge of available development tools, infrastructure, frameworks and libraries and when to apply them; sought out by others for technical advice and input
- You will write correct, stable, modular code with some guidance; capable of delivery of production code
- You will understand potential failure scenarios and develop stable systems that are easy to maintain with guidance
- you will contribute to code review and design reviews within their domain
- You will catch, respond to and resolve issues/errors/escalations through investigation to produce insights for short/medium/long-term technology-enabled solutions
- You will partner with the Engineering and Data departments to structure and operationalize the next generation of health insurance operations; prototype and integrate with engineering or data services, pipelines, and models.
- You will support urgent operational needs through on-call rotation; resolve production issues
- A technical bachelor's degree or 4 years commensurate experience
- 3+ years experience in a technical role (QA analyst, PM, operations analyst, finance, consulting, or industrial engineering)
- 3+ years experience in coding (e.g. Python) Or database language experience (e.g. SQL)
- Experience in analytics
- An academic and professional background in coding, math, statistics, or data science
- Knowledge management, training, or content development experience
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable and accessible for all, and apply this same vision to our perks and benefits, including: medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
To protect the health and safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at email@example.com to submit an accommodations request.
Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices, employees conducting sales work in the field and employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.
AddressNew York, NY
BusinessView all jobs at Oscar Health