Business Intelligence Analyst
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Business Intelligence Analyst to join our Concierge Optimization Team!
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role:
As the Business Intelligence Analyst at Oscar, you will do everything necessary to help us build a solid operational foundation. You will be an important contributor to Oscar's payment integrity operations by independently investigating and bringing to resolution complex and high-risk claims, and manage and improve Oscar's reimbursement policies
You will ensure timely and accurate adjudication of claims and uncover process discrepancies. Additionally, we will be looking for you to help us improve our payment integrity processes and help support and provide direction to our claims processing team.
You will report to the Associate Director, Configuration and Design. This is a remote / work-from-home role. You must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, or Washington. Note, this list of states is subject to change.
- Have an excellent grasp of service operations processes and workflows
- Develop an in-depth understanding of day-to-day workflows
- Intake, scope, and execute on data related asks in the service operations world
- Become well-acquainted with internal tools and technical processes, and highlight areas of opportunity for improvement
- Become an in-house expert on data structure and visualization for several stakeholders in service operations
- You will analyze performance, identify issues and areas of opportunity for process improvements, and work with the Operations Excellence team to execute on those process improvement opportunities
- Take ownership of monitoring, tracking, and the health of our inventory (including development of dashboards and defect monitoring/maintenance)
- You will support your team lead or manager by guiding decisions and implementation on an ongoing basis
- Bachelor's degree or 4+ years of experience in data analytics
- Drive projects to completion
- Experience using data visualization tools (e.g. Periscope, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience analyzing a process and drive improvement
- Experience in a call center environment
- Some coding experience or database language exposure
- 2+ years of related work experience in healthcare, analytics, or operations
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable and accessible for all, and apply this same vision to our perks and benefits, including: medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
To protect the health and safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at email@example.com to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices, employees conducting sales work in the field and employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.
BusinessView all jobs at Oscar Health