Form - Carpenter
- Department: Civil
- Supervisor: Project Superintendent
- Compensation: FLSA Status Non-Exempt
- Location: Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska
Constructs, erects, installs, and repairs structures and fixtures of wood by performing the following duties.
- Must provide your own basic carpentry hand tools and work boots appropriate for the work activity
- Read plans to determine the dimensions of the project and the materials to be used
- Layout, measure, and mark the wood or materials. Shapes materials to prescribed measurements.
- Join and assemble the materials
- Check work for accuracy
- Build wooden fixtures
- Constructs forms and chutes for placing concrete
- May erect, climb and work on scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level. Uses safe practices, including body harness or other fall protection when required.
- Install structures and fixtures
- May be required to use the following tools/equipment: carpenter's hand tools, small/medium/large power tools, bench tools (saw, drill, grinder), concrete saw, chipper, sander, paving breaker, jackhammer.
- Know and comply with the Company’s safety rules/policies and AKOSH regulations, including hazardous communication, fall protection plan, and confined space program
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned
Essential Skills and Experience
- 5+ years’ carpentry experience
- Proven experience in framing and finishing
- Proven experience completing small quantity material take-offs
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of building construction, means and methods, and drawings and specifications
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Current driver’s license
- Ability to obtain a base pass for working onsite
- Exerting 10—20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects;
- 25—40 lbs. of force frequently, and
- Employees are required to use lifting equipment or seek assistance for anything over 40 lbs.
- See company website for full description
Equal Opportunity Employer
Osborne is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or any employee because of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other protected category.
Osborne maintains a drug and alcohol-free work place. Drug tests are performed by Osborne for the following: pre-employment, post-accident, randomly, and for cause.
This Organization Participates in E-Verify.
Osborne Construction's demonstrated experience, over the years, has resulted in a base of satisfied clients. We bring proactive leadership, quality projects with major emphasis on safety, as well as emphasizing on-time completion within budget. Our internal ability to manage complicated and challenging projects has made us unique in our field as a General Contractor.
Osborne Construction CompanyOSBORNE CONSTRUCTION COMPANY is an employee-owned general contracting firm that performs a wide variety of construction projects in the western United States and Alaska. We have been providing quality construction for 30 years. Our personnel are highly motivated professionals who have the experience, knowledge, and dedication to safely complete high-quality projects. We accomplish a majority of our work with our own forces and our own equipment. Clients include federal, state, and local governments, oil companies, mining companies, electronics companies, retailers, and private developers. Typical projects include commercial, industrial, or residential buildings, design-build, civil, site development, utilities, and engineering work. These projects range in size up to $250,000,000 + million. Osborne Construction's demonstrated experience, over the years, has resulted in a base of satisfied clients. We bring proactive leadership, quality projects with major emphasis on safety, as well as emphasizing on-time completion within budget. Our internal ability to manage complicated and challenging projects has made us unique in our field as a General Contractor.