Osborne Company, Inc. is a premier manufacturer’s representative in Northern California, Northern Nevada, and Hawaii. For 477 years, we have represented the most dynamic manufacturers in the plumbing and mechanical equipment industries. We are an established and expanding agency that is built around our people. We are currently seeking an exceptional team player to join our team. The ideal candidate will provide outstanding customer service while being respectful and considerate, and will maintain the highest level of honesty and integrity.
As an inside sales and quotations associate, you will be responsible for reviewing and analyzing project plans and specifications. This will require a keen eye, to properly identify what equipment can be offered for a project while also providing important quotation notes to ensure any equipment is selected and priced out appropriately. Such quotation notes may include, but not be limited to: exceptions, exclusions, deviations, freight terms, lead times, and pricing. Making the correct equipment selections will require a problem-solving mentality with a strong foundational understanding of basic math skills, while also being able to effectively communicate any pertinent project details and data. In addition to providing project quotations, it will be your responsibility to provide accurate submittal data in a timely manner, as well as to convey this information to your team members. This will require updating any necessary project files and compiling a well-organized history for tracking purposes, which will include such tasks as: updating quotes throughout project revisions, generating necessary submittals for review, ordering and tracking of product, and coordinating any start-up paperwork with all necessary parties.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Effectively responding, interacting, and providing support to our outside sales team, customers, and vendors through job quotations, basic technical assistance, and general pricing inquires.
- Creating, coordinating, and organizing Project and Bid folders.
- Detailed technical review of mechanical and plumbing project files (plans and specifications) to identify quotation opportunities for the products we represent.
- Ability to download and review project files from customer provided FTP sites, online construction bid management services, and other electronic sources.
- Prepare and develop accurate and timely PDF product submittal data to support our outside sales team and customers.
- Review and process open orders in an accurate and timely manner.
- Track and locate existing orders, provide order acknowledgments, and provide shipping documentation when requested.
- Learn the features, benefits, and technical aspects of our existing products and continue to stay current on changes to those products, as well as new product offerings.
- Answer incoming calls and emails to help provide customer service.
- Practice honesty and integrity in all business relations.
- Present a professional image to customers and vendors.
The ideal candidate will possess/be:
- Success-driven, self-motivated, highly organized individual capable of analyzing, adapting, and thriving in a rapidly growing environment.
- Consistent integrity and ethical standards
- Collaborative, cooperative, and team-oriented
- Capable of delivering superior customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills
- Efficient project and time management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Excellent phone etiquette
Desired experience and education:
- High school diploma required or equivalent; two-year college degree preferred.
- At least three years of business-to-business sales experience desired.
- Plumbing and/or HVAC background preferred.
- A general knowledge of sales, estimating, quotations, and submittal creation, as well as a familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- We believe in offering our prospective employees a competitive salary based on experience.
- We also believe deeply in our team philosophy and provide yearly bonuses based on our overall company profitability.
- Our employees are the heartbeat of our agency and your health is our best asset; we offer paid medical insurance to help offset the cost associated with maintaining your health.
- As a company, we recognize that our employees need time to rest, relax, rejuvenate, and spend with family and friends, so we offer paid vacation and holidays. We also recognize that our employees need financial stability in their retirement years, so we offer access to our simplified employee pension plan, to which we also contribute annually for each employee.
To begin the application process, all interested candidates should submit their current resume and desired salary requirements.
Osborne Company, Inc