SAP Basis Administrator
Osborn Richmond, IN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Primary Job Function
SAP Basis Administrator will be responsible for performing the ongoing basis administration and troubleshooting activities including the new implementations. The SAP Basis Administrator will collaborate and coordinate closely with the both business and the IT team to deliver a stable, highly available SAP Business systems. Specific duties include developing and implementing measures to ensure high availability for SAP ECC, SAP BW and related systems; fully documenting and standardizing operational procedures with appropriate controls to ensure operational stability; and facilitate infrastructure activities in support of ongoing SAP release and deployment projects.
You will be a part of a global IT team interacting with infrastructure and SAP team, other technical groups as well as, business leaders and process owners. Should be a team player and have strong communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Gather requirements from the business and internal IT team members and turn those requirements into client-specific, compliant, cost competitive solutions.
· SAP System administration, System copy, SAP performance tuning, TMS admin, Language support, Applying Patches, Backup and Restore, etc.
· Configure and manage the SAP printing subsystem for all SAP instances. Basis consulting experience in managing Enterprise Portals, J2EE administration, and or SAP BIW with BW administration workbench.
· Configuration and management of load balancing servers for SAP systems.
· Manage daily maintenance tasks like reviewing of logs, troubleshooting and fixing of errors.
· Manage scheduling of jobs and ensure success rates of these jobs are always near to 100%.
· Planning and execution of the change requests from time to time with minimum or no downtime to the business.
· Perform system upgrades and migrations. Transport requests migrations with appropriate testing and documentations.
· Evaluate and design interfaces between SAP and external systems.
· Perform activities from within the SAP software as well as at the OS and DB layers/interfaces.
· Develop and maintain system documentation for all SAP instances and interfaces.
· Install and configure all required SAP database servers and application servers.
· Manage the SAP and its related systems performance.
· Create and Manage SAP users Accounts.
· Our SAP landscape consists of SAP ECC, CRM, FIORI, BW, SOLMAN, and BPC 10.1 (MSSSQL). These landscapes are located between the US and Germany
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field.
· 8-10 years of experience in SAP Basis Administration.
· Experience in installation of S/4 HANA, ECC, Gateway Fiori (NW), EP, BO, PO, Content Server, BW and HANA.
· Extensive knowledge and working experience of managing of SAP ECC 6.
· Extensive knowledge of SAP Netweaver Implementations, management, troubleshooting, configuration, and migrations is preferred. Knowledge in HANA is a bonus for potential future projects.
· Proficient in the use of methodologies supported by SAP best practices.
· Extensive experience of Basis administration is a must. Experience of working in a virtualized environment like VMWare is mandatory.
· Experience working as part of a team to provide the optimal solution for both business needs and project standards.
· Experience estimating effort and resources required for projects and working with project managers to structure projects.
· Able to work in ambiguous situations/environments; demonstrated ability to break down problems into constituent parts and develop and drive plans for resolution.
· Demonstrated knowledge in SAP business warehouse functions. Knowledge of BW configuration and ability to review process chains would be beneficial.
· Experience in solution design, planning and executing the following SAP Basis Projects end-to-end will be a big plus:
o SAP HANA
o SAP Version Upgrade or SAP OS/DB Migration
· Experience in Hardware capacity planning, designing and implementation of high availability solutions, Clustering and Disaster Recovery solutions.
· At Least One End to End Implementation And / or One Technical Upgrade Experience (with or Without Unicode Conversion Expertise)
· Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
· Quick Learner, Active Participation and experience in managing a small team of 1-2 members.
· Strong interpersonal skills needed to build collaborative relationships with co-workers, internal customers and external consulting partners.
· Excellent verbal and written communication; demonstrated ability to communicate through all levels of the organization.
· Willing to travel internationally for short duration.
With offices and manufacturing facilities in Europe, United States, Mexico, China, and India, we are uniquely positioned to deliver best-in-class service to customers around the world--all within a framework of integrity, true partnership, and a commitment to lean manufacturing principles.
Osborn is a global leader in metal preparation, polishing, and finishing. Craftsmen have been choosing Osborn industrial brushes, buffs, compounds and abrasives since 1887 due to our products' robust performance and long life. With innovative technology and more than a century of expertise, we deliver industry-leading, high-performance products, technical support, and engineering solutions. With offices and manufacturing facilities in Europe, United States, Mexico, China, and India, we are uniquely positioned to deliver best-in-class service to customers around the world--all within a framework of integrity, true partnership, and a commitment to lean manufacturing principles.