Chief Financial Officer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Chief Financial Officer
Reports To: Executive Director/Chief Executive Officer
Exemption Status: Exempt
Job Summary: Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and the Board of Directors provides executive oversight, vision, and support for the Billing and Finance Department. Monitors and controls the assets and fiscal commitments of Organization. Provides financial and managerial support to the CEO.
Summary of Accountabilities:
Maintain financial records of the health center and ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Effectively and efficiently directs and manages the Finance and Billing Department in order to contribute to the overall financial goals and efficiency of the Organization.
- Evaluates fiscal system of operations on an ongoing basis for adherence to predetermined financial operational goals.
- Provides information, insight, and guidance as a key member of the management team to the Executive Director /CEO, the Board of Directors and the Senior Management Team to ensure communication of fiscal operating results.
- Evaluates on-going financial planning tools to support the strategic planning process and implementation and ensures necessary resources are secured.
- Develop and monitor budgets (including regulatory, internal management, and capital).
- File, including the Bureau of Primary Health Care’s Uniform Data System report (UDS) and Financial Status Report (FSR).
- Prepare budgets for all grant applications.
- Perform General Ledger account analysis
- Monitor, review, and post Journal entries.
- Responsible for Month End Journal entries.
- Reports documentation, coding or billing errors to the appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Ensures that physician professional services provided are appropriate, clear and properly documented.
- Maintains a working knowledge of laws and regulations regarding third party billing.
- Ensures that medical records clearly document medical necessity and services performed.
- Ensures bills reflect accurate and properly documented services.
- Establishes quality checks to monitor accurate coding with respect to documented procedures performed.
- Ensures billing codes are in compliance with applicable third party regulations.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approved and available such that all purchases may pass independent and governmental audits.
- Oversee all purchasing activity for staff and participants.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization and oversee federal awards and programs. Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors ensuring all A-133 audit issues are resolved, and all 401(k) compliance issues are met, and the preparation of the annual financial statements is in accordance with U.S. GAAP and federal, state and other required supplementary schedules and information.
Coordinates and Implements the Strategic and Financial Planning Process:
- Evaluates internal and external resource needs for the achievement of all fiscal strategic objectives.
- Counsel the Executive Director/CEO leadership on all long-term and short-term financial strategies necessary to achieve the organization's mission, goals and objectives.
- Work closely with senior management on initiatives relating to resource utilization, productivity, monitoring and the development/implementation of additional cost reduction efforts.
- Develop systems and processes to ensure the preparation and distribution of timely, relevant and accurate financial reports in a manner which will meet the needs of all constituents and provide optimum information upon which to base key business decisions throughout the organization.
- Formulate and oversee the financial policies and objectives for Organization in accordance with appropriate regulatory requirements, generally accepted accounting principles, and sound financial management practices; supervise all financial functions including accounts management, reimbursement, decision support and all budget-related activities.
- Maintains and monitors Organization's charge structures, maintaining a comparison to community, national and regulatory standards; ensuring a competitive and cost-effective structure optimizing the health center specialties economic environment.
- Develops, manages, and evaluates the operating and capital budgets to ensure overall fiscal needs are maintained.
- Provide a high level of customer service, responsive to the needs of the organization.
- Provide leadership and assistance in the development and formulation of comprehensive and integrated financial, decision support and clinical information systems.
- Completes all mandatory education.
- Adheres to Corporate Compliance policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Certifications, Registry and/or Licenses Required: CPA certification preferred
Minimum Degree Required and Experience Required:
Master's Degree Accounting, Finance, or Business required.
Minimum of five years progressive accounting and finance experience preferable in a health care related field.
Federally Qualified Health Center finance experience preferred.
Skill Requirements: Not-for-profit accounting in accordance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, OMB Circulars A-133, A-110 and A-122, Medicaid / Medicare program regulations and compliance requirements, and appropriate Code of Federal Regulations sections. Strong intrapersonal, oral and written communication skills. The ability to use initiative and judgment when making decisions. The ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects and follow through to ensure task are complete. Progressive healthcare administration experience. Advance knowledge of accounting principles/practices, spreadsheets and databases.
Osborn Family Health Center
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh CFO Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.