Human Resources Coordinator / Generalist
- Expired: February 10, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
We're looking for a thoughtful and creative Human Resources Generalist (though we prefer the term People Operations Coordinator) to join our People Operations Team. Osborn Consulting, Inc. (OCI) is an employee-owned consulting firm providing civil engineering, landscape architecture, and urban design on public projects across Washington state. The power of these public projects surrounds our daily lives, from the sidewalks we stroll to visit our neighborhood park, to the relying on our city's stormwater infrastructure to keep our homes safe from flooding in heavy rain. Each of our Practices develops strong foundations of trust with cities, counties, and agencies to achieve more resilient and more sustainable communities.
Our People Operations Team
OCI's technical operations have grown rapidly over the past several years and our People Operations team needs to catch up. We provide employee-centered programs and benefits that compassionately support and empower our employees, candidates, vendors, and partners. We also foster and celebrate OCI's core values across our offices and through our remote workforce.
We believe in pairing each role with individual passions and strengths. We hope to learn what makes you get out of bed in the morning excited for the day ahead and will tailor this role to our new team member to make the best use of your passions and experience. Some examples of typical duties include:
- Guide candidates through our recruiting process by posting positions, applicant tracking, reviewing resumes, screening candidates, scheduling interviews, attending job fairs, and managing communication between hiring managers/teams and candidates.
- Lead our benefit administration through benefit enrollment, answering benefit-related questions, staying compliant with federal requirements, and helping coworkers make changes to their benefits.
- Facilitate new hire onboarding including managing documentation, paperwork, eVerify, orientation meetings with each department, leading benefit orientations, and collaborating with supervisors and Practice Leads for a smooth onboarding experience.
- Provide support, counseling, and coaching to coworkers and supervisors regarding career growth, professional development opportunities, job-related conflicts, problem solving, and dispute resolution.
- Manage personnel files ensuring documents are kept current, accurate, confidential, and in compliance with all applicable laws and company policies.
- Adopt Osborn's casual, person-centric "voice" and communication style to draft and design our people-related communications (benefits, emails, handbook, policies etc.).
- Develop and foster authentic trust and professional relationships with coworkers.
- Collaborate with teammates to develop solutions and programs that increase employee engagement.
- Maintain an inviting office presence through creative and engaging events and amenities.
- Collaborate with teammates on strategic planning initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
To thrive in this position, you should have the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- 5+ years of broad HR generalist experience across many functions, ideally including benefit administration, recruiting, personnel files, and onboarding.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal communication.
- Ability to present information clearly and engagingly in front of large groups (virtually and in person)
- Proficiency in Microsoft365 Office Suite, and SharePoint.
What We Offer
We offer competitive pay, medical and dental insurance for our employees, a 401K plan with matching, PTO/holiday pay, health and fitness stipend, commute support, and profit sharing.
What We Value
Our new team member will be someone who aligns with our core values of Professionalism & Responsibility, Collaboration & Creativity, Health & Well-Being, Laughter & Fun, Relationships & Respect, Growth & Exploration.
Our Diversity and Inclusion
OCI is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing the online application, please call 425-451-4009. Please leave a message and a member of our People Operations team will return your call within three business days. Alternatively, an email may be sent email@example.com. "Applicant Accommodation" should be included in the subject line of the email. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accommodation to apply for a job.
OCI participates in theElectronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
Osborn Consulting, Inc.
Get fresh Freelance HR Generalist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.