Director of Production Planning and Manufacturing Execution
- Expired: June 28, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Orveon is a new kind of beauty company launched in December 2021 as the result of acquiring three unique brands - bareMinerals, BUXOM, and Laura Mercier. With 1,600 employees in 22 countries, we're a truly global business with a presence in all key geographies. Our headquarters are in New York, with additional locations in major cities worldwide. We are backed by Advent International, one of the world's largest and most successful private equity firms, well known for their investments in Lululemon and Olaplex.
The Director of Production Planning & Manufacturing Execution is a highly visible leadership role in the Supply Chain organization, responsible for overseeing external contract manufacturing (CM) operations, supply planning, and item master data. The Director will have significant financial metric and KPI responsibilities related to timely, accurate execution and seek cost improvement opportunities where applicable.
For External Manufacturing Operations / Production Planning, the Director will be accountable for the creation and execution of efficient production schedules resulting in inventory levels necessary to meet demand. The Director must establish effective business relationships with key suppliers / CMs.
For Supply Planning, the Director will be accountable for product supply, local inventory operation, safety stock, and go-to-market execution across all brands, categories, and channels. In collaboration with the Senior Manager - Supply Planning, the Director will develop a supply strategy that ensures product availability in the most efficient manner for the business.
- External Manufacturing Operations / Production Planning
- Oversee the creation and timely execution of an achievable, efficient production schedule for domestic and international Contract Manufacturers while maintaining targeted inventory levels and agreed-upon service levels.
- Close collaboration with the demand planning team to ensure alignment with forecasts and inventory targets.
- Develop and maintain relationships with contract manufacturers to build rhythm and trust to enrich the relationship.
- Ensure that monthly or quarterly inventory reconciliations performed by team with assigned CM sites are accurate.
- Liaise on a leadership level with Quality and Contract Manufacturers on quality-related issues to bring to resolution.
- Participate in S&OP business update meetings.
- Visit strategic CMs as required.
- Supply Planning
- Drive optimization and continuous improvement to overall supply cycles and inventory holdings.
- Strategize regarding corrective and preventative action plans for supply constraints and out-of-stock product scenarios.
- Close coordination with packaging team to ensure primary and secondary packaging are being delivered on time in full to meet scheduled delivery requirements.
- Identify cost-saving opportunities, risks, and liabilities; develop mitigation strategies wherever possible.
- Item Master Data
- Manage the resource responsible for accurate and complete item master data for the entire company.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- 15+ years of relevant experience in Supply, Production Planning, Materials Management, or other Sales Inventory & Operations Planning, including people leadership experience.
- Beauty or CPG industry experience preferred.
- Ability to establish effective business relationships with suppliers / CMs.
- Strong project management, leadership, and communication skills.
- Effective presentation, persuasion, negotiation, and influencing skills, especially with C-suite audiences.
- Solid understanding of financial, supply chain, and manufacturing business processes.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and drive sound business decisions.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, networking, and written communications skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor's degree in business, operations, supply chain, or a related field.
Req ID: Hire_69
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations
Orveon is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We strive to build and nurture a culture where a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion is instinctive. Our deep sense of passion and pride in what we do, both as individuals and as a collective, unifies our shared commitment to "changing beauty for the better." Therefore, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds. We recognize and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds and know they create a more robust and creative work environment.
Where legal, all employees and guests coming to the office will be required to present proof of vaccination. Your health and safety remain an important priority for Orveon and its leadership team. To that end, we continue to review CDC & Federal/Local Government guidelines. We recognize that information continues to evolve, and we will continue to monitor CDC and Government guidelines and will adapt as required. Orveon will continue to provide paid time off to all employees who wish to obtain their vaccination.
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Orveon