3PL Logistics Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Reporting to the Head of Logistics, this role will develop, implement, and manage global distribution network operations through relationships with third-party logistics providers (3PL). They will be responsible for the overall coordination and sourcing of activities with contracted 3PLs and will develop strategies for aspects of the logistics/supply chain operations, ensuring consistent service levels, quality, cost, and customer satisfaction. The successful candidate must be able to develop the people, processes, and technology along with building solid partnerships with various third-party providers.
- Act as a liaison and manage the relationships with the 3PLs and all other areas of the Supply Chain.
- Develop, foster, and grow positive and professional relationships with 3PL executives and execution teams. Be Orveon's representative and engage with 3PL management and execution teams on daily progress.
- Provide strategic oversight and guidance for daily management of facilities.
- Actively work with 3PL teams to ensure Orveon processes, retailer compliance, and quality assurance procedures are followed.
- Meet weekly or bi-weekly with on-site 3PL management to review KPI performance and ongoing projects.
- Review, analyze and present management reports, budgets, expense reports, and forecasts for facilities.
- Conduct site visits as needed to review operations. This includes but is not limited to: ensuring inbound operations comply with standards, confirming pick methods support accuracy and include lot integrity, safe storage of product, and inventory control functions are satisfying standards.
- Develop and propose recommended strategies to implement and monitor improvement programs, cost reduction, quality improvement, and best practices across third-party logistics providers and/or contracts.
- Represent Global Logistics in Sales & Operations Planning, Integrated Business Planning, and on new product introduction teams
- Review invoices for accuracy.
- Execute sourcing events such as RFPs/RFQs as needed to support Orveon's business and growth. Lead and support negotiations with 3rd party providers.
- Ensure all WMS interfaces are functioning properly. If not, seek to resolve related issues.
Qualifications & Competencies
- 10+ years of progressively responsible corporate Supply Chain, Logistics, Operations or Procurement leadership (beauty/cosmetics industry preferred)
- 3+ years of management experience working in a warehouse/distribution environment (beauty/cosmetics industry preferred)
- Knowledge and experience with lean manufacturing, logistics, process mapping, and project management techniques are highly valued
- Multi-site experience required; global experience is a plus
- Customer service experience (with retailers / distribution affiliates) is a plus
- Must be capable of, and experienced in, working independently as well as with different functional areas (operations, purchasing, logistics, finance, marketing, and customer service)
- Ability to develop reporting, define KPIs and SLAs, and manage 3PLs to those metrics
- Existing 3PL relationships and prior experience with 3PL vendor management, contract management, and contract negotiation skills preferred
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, networking, and written communications skills.
- Must be a positive team player and be prepared to work and travel as needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, or related field preferred.
Job ID: HIRE_56
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations
Orveon is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We strive to build and nurture a culture where a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion is instinctive. Our deep sense of passion and pride in what we do, both as individuals and as a collective, unifies our shared commitment to “changing beauty for the better." Therefore, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds. We recognize and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds and know they create a more robust and creative work environment.
Where legal, all employees and guests coming to the office will be required to present proof of vaccination. Your health and safety remain an important priority for Orveon and its leadership team. To that end, we continue to review CDC & Federal/Local Government guidelines. We recognize that information continues to evolve, and we will continue to monitor CDC and Government guidelines and will adapt as required. Orveon will continue to provide paid time off to all employees who wish to obtain their vaccination.
Powered by JazzHR
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Orveon