Founded by fintech executives from LearnVest, N26 and Stash and backed by Bain Capital Ventures, Homebrew and Inspired Capital, Orum is powering the future of financial services by enabling immediate, frictionless money movement. Orum's API-based product gives enterprise customers unique funds availability modeling, empowering them with the information required to shift to real-time payments, and then grants access to real-time payment rails without necessitating a bank integration. Orums flagship product, Foresight is currently available via Private Beta. You are joining a rapidly growing team of experienced technologists and business people excited to be changing the experience of moving money in the US for everyone.
This is the first hire for Orums Payments Operations Team. You will be responsible for establishing and growing Orums day to day payments operations from the ground up - be prepared to get your hands dirty while we build quickly. It will require working hand in hand with Operations, Risk, Product, and Data Science to ensure alignment on policies, procedures, and key vendor selection. You will interface with Orums processing banks and will oversee all money movement processes across the entire Orum client portfolio, ensuring our program is in compliance with applicable policies and procedures, banking laws, and regulations related to funds transfers at all times. This role will report to the Head of Operations.
In this role you will:
- Design Orums payment operations policies and program
- Design and implement the supporting operations and systems for our new to market money movement platform
- Grow a team of supporting operations analysts and customer support team members (scale of team will adjust as business grows)
- Manage all Ops related reporting for Orums Customer Complaints and Disputes.
- Work cross functionally with all departments including collaboration with the product organization to integrate and automate processes related to customer payments
- Manage all payment procedures, and day-to-day operations ensuring efficiency and compliance, resulting in minimal payment exceptions and timely processing while mitigating risk
- Collaborate with the Risk team to coordinate fraud/return recovery and related reporting requirements for Orums Processing Banks
- Ensure inbound inquiries from enterprise customers regarding end user transactions are resolved quickly and efficiently
- Effectively monitor payment systems and collaborate with the Risk and Data Science teams to help improve efficiency in payment risk decisioning.
- Provide insights and forecasts on payment volumes to ensure business readiness for rapid scaling and effective pricing negotiations.
- Drive improvements to policies, procedures, and processes; re-engineer (as needed) to maximize effectiveness and efficiency
- 5+ years experience with banking operations on the US domestic payment rails (e.g., ACH, Card Networks , RTP, Wires) and their regulatory requirements (NACHA Operating Rules, The Clearing House Operating Rules, and Visa Direct/MasterCard Send rules)
- Experienced payments professional with a proven track record building and scaling payment programs.
- 3-5 years of experience leading teams (hiring, managing)
- Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) certification a plus
- Payments risk management and controls experience
- Excellent organizational, conceptual, listening, training and coaching skills, and verbal/written communication skills
- Able to prioritize work, meet critical deadlines, and work effectively under pressure