Founded by fintech executives from LearnVest, N26 and Stash and backed by Bain Capital Ventures, Homebrew and Inspired Capital, Orum is powering the future of financial services by enabling immediate, frictionless money movement. Orum's API-based product gives enterprise customers unique funds availability modeling, empowering them with the information required to shift to real-time payments, and then grants access to real-time payment rails without necessitating a bank integration. Orums flagship product, Foresight is currently available via Private Beta.
As one of the early hires on the engineering team, you will also help create the engineering culture and values at Orum. This might be explicit through establishment of team practices, but also through participation in the hiring process of future colleagues. We strive to have a strong, deliberate culture defined around continuous learning, autonomy and ownership, and acknowledgement of failure.
Exceptional data tooling will be the backbone of Orums first products brought to market. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. We believe our data architecture and tooling will be supporting many aspects of our business including operations and strategy functions.
You would be joining a small team of experienced technologists and business people excited to be changing the experience of moving money in the US for everyone. You dont need to match our practices and culture, as youll help to define it. We pride ourselves on diversity and creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing big data data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Familiarity with stream-processing systems and big data tools: AWS Steps, AWS Glue, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Able to build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Experience identifying and implementing internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Experience working with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, and Data Science teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Maintaining data segregated and secured across multiple accounts and environments
- Experience working with multiple teams across data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
This is a unique, exciting opportunity to help build technology from the ground up. We are looking for engineers who also have an interest in working closely with data scientists to join Orums technology team. While not directly building models, our systems will support the analysis, evaluation and delivery of trained models.
We offer medical, dental and vision health plans, as well as other benefits including a 401K